Just finished breast feeding and can't seem to lose weight!!

Options
I am so discouraged!I am 5'10 and weigh 158lbs.I gained 50 pounds during my pregnancy!!!!! I am looking to get to at least140lb but would prefer my pre prego weight of 130 to 135.I breast fed my daughter for a year and she recently self weaned. My body maintained extra weight during my time breast feeding even though I work out 4 to 5 times a week (weight lifting and interval work outs for my legs) including 20 to 30 minute power walks5 to 6 times a week with the baby and dogs.Not to mention I am often carrying around a 25lb baby! I am now counting calories on this site(which is sooooooo helpful and enlightening) and always come under the 1680.Anyone else in this situation? Any advice on how long it will take before I see some weight loss or what else I can be doing? Any advice would be amazing because I am at my wits end!!!!:(

Replies

• vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    How are you sleeping? Is your child still waking you up at night? How little sleep you get can affect your weight loss too. Give your body some time to heal and recover from pregnancy too. It can take over a year to fully recover from pregnancy. If you are eating healthy foods and exercising it will eventually come off.
  • ashleydeane
    ashleydeane Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    oh we sound very much alike! i never lost a lb when i was breastfeeding and all my friends lost thiers like it was butter melting off them. my sil right now has a 3 week baby and is almost back to her pre preg size so so so not fair. my dr told me it was because my body wanted to hold every calroie for the milk. I mean i was already over 60 lbs from my prepreg weight. I lost a little on my own after i finished breast feeding. however since I have started this program I have really dropped it. I love this site. I am not as determined as other( I don't wanna push then give up) I allow myself to eat a bowl of icecream. and when my skinny hubby is home on the weekends eating whatever he sees I tend to do the same... so if you stick to it and even get more diligent then me you will do great :)
  • CLC900709
    CLC900709 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Feel free to friend me! My 22 month old just self weaned too, and I couldn't lose an ounce while he nursed no matter how hard I tried! Seems to be harder to lose weight right now too!
  • ajanders21
    ajanders21 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Oh, do I ever feel your pain! I'm weaning now (I've exclusively pumped for the past 6+ months) and with watching my intake and exercising I just couldn't lose! I do believe this site is helpful and the support is key, and we WILL get back to our pre-pregnancy weights! You can friend me if you want!
  • KimKramer
    Options
    I was one of the lucky ones that lost all my baby weight while nursing and working out 6days a wk, hr long workouts including 20mins of lifting and 40mins of running. But now that I have weaned my 14month old daughter I have had 5lbs creep back on :( Now it has been a struggle to get those off and 5 more to be at my goal.....it comes down to every bite I put in my mouth affects the scale!
  • laurenrenee1025
    Options
    I have not lost a pound from breast feeding!!! I currently have been for almost 11 months. She is mostly on solids anyhow at this point and non interested so I'm emotionally struggling with if I should wean her or not.