Stress is my challenge

After using MFP for 300+ days and losing approximately 37 pounds..I got so bored with it all and due to a lot of stresses in my life currently (full time work/part time graduate student). .. I just didn't want to do it anymore. I got so tired of logging and so tired of all the negative commentary from people who knew nothing about me.

Trying to get back to it now..and it is a challenge. Hoping once school is over this semester that I can get more serious about it again..and focused.

Thanks for listening to my rant.

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    We always have an excuss to go back to bad habits. Stop making them. Good luck.
  • mleoni092708
    mleoni092708 Posts: 629 Member
    It's ok. Don't beat yourself up. Try this. Say you are going to log and eat healthy and get in 15 minutes of exercise tomorrow. Then force yourself to meet that goal. One hour at time if you have to. Just focus and don't think about how far you have to go. Then after a few days, commit to getting to 21 days. That's how long it takes to become a habit. You CAN do this. You are worth it, put yourself first before anything else.
  • Thank you!
    It's ok. Don't beat yourself up. Try this. Say you are going to log and eat healthy and get in 15 minutes of exercise tomorrow. Then force yourself to meet that goal. One hour at time if you have to. Just focus and don't think about how far you have to go. Then after a few days, commit to getting to 21 days. That's how long it takes to become a habit. You CAN do this. You are worth it, put yourself first before anything else.
  • welcome back....that was a very positive thing..xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    I'm starting to feel my attention to detail drop too. We just need to refocus and keep going. I'm focusing on exercise right now to keep me motivated through the fall weather. Pick something you want to focus on and do it. You can, you know!! :drinker:
  • genthel
    genthel Posts: 59 Member
    I would encourage you to only have positive friends that will support you and offer positive suggestions/comments/feedback, set some short term goals, and get into a winter routine that will help you stay on track. Please don't let anyone alter you attitude, motivation, routine etc. because at the end of the day this is your journey, your struggle, your victories etc. not theirs. You can do this! :flowerforyou:
  • aingersoll07
    aingersoll07 Posts: 17 Member
    I can completely understand. I fell off the wagon being so busy with my kids over the summer...I have now gained back 10 pounds that took months to take off. Only took me about 9 weeks to put back on. :(

No more excuses for me.. staying disciplined is my challenge with food and excersise.