"Tight Hamstrings"

Hey everyone,

According to my chiropractor, my hamstrings are tight .. like insanely tight, which would explain why it's a tremendous amount of effort for me to touch my toes, and it stretches intensely as well. I'm doing the recommended stretches and its slowly getting better, but does anyone think yoga could help as well?

Replies

• Leigh_b
    Leigh_b Posts: 567 Member
    absolutely. I've got terribly tight hamstrings and yoga has really helped me to stretch them out...
  • TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    It takes a while -- keep stretching. And YES, when I was taking yoga, NOTHING ever hurt, and nothing was tight. Wish I was taking it again!
  • Krisengel
    Krisengel Posts: 161 Member
    Yoga is great for getting stretched out. The longer you do yoga the easier stretching will get.
  • Superdave24
    Superdave24 Posts: 158 Member
    I am sure Yoga would help. Here is an exercise you can do that will help too. Have you ever heard of a "Stiff Legged Deadlift"? What you do is hold a weight bar, dumbells or even a heavy stick/bar in front of you and against your thighs. Keeping your back straight and head facing forward bend over and make sure you keep the bar close to your legs. Go down as far as you can and when your ready to come up lift with your hamstrings and gluteus maximus. Squeeze at the top. Let me know what you think. Dave
  • YES YOGA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it's great. and it keeps your entire body flexible which will prevent injuries from working out. plus, it relaxes the mind. i love it. 12166386.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter