It is Definitely Time

Options
Hi All! I am trying to gain some accountability for my weight loss attempts. I was in the Army for almost eight years and was able to return to my pre-baby weight after the birth of both of my daughters. I am out of the Army and have since had two boys - 2 and 5 - and cannot get rid of the extra fifty pounds that are weighing me down. I weighed in at 193 this morning, which is close to what I weighed after my two year old was born. I am starting today but definitely need some support!

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    It's all up to you. You have the opportunity to give your children the benefit of good health. Educate yourself on healthy eating and you will do it forever.
  • NicolCook
    NicolCook Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Starting is the hardest part. So good for you for coming here. I wish you the best on your journey.

Here's to a new, healthier you :drinker:
  • merrick7871
    Options
    My goal is 50 pounds, and I would like to make April my goal date. I think I have been here 15 days now, and some days are harder than others. It has taken me over a week to get my food thoughts in order, Anyway, Good Luck and hope to be seeing you on here.
  • victoria543
    victoria543 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi there wellcome to MFP its a friendly site with lots of helpfull advice from people like yourself. Feel free to add me as a friend will be happy to spur you on and vice versa good luck
  • mleoni092708
    mleoni092708 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This site is great and a lot of people are very successful here when they failed many times before (myself included!). Add me for support if you would like friends.
  • Krissie_Triaxis
    Options
    A journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step..... the same can be said for the jounrey of shedding pounds. The first step is hard and there will be tough times because the path is winding, long and trecherous in places. BUT, you've done the scariest part - admitting to thousands of people you don't know and will most likely never meet that you need to be held responsible for and that you are now assuming that responisbility wholly for your food choices and your health.

Like all things, it's about breaking down habits, looking at things outside your food choices the contribute to why you've put on weight (not just the obvious of too many calories in and not enough out) and what hurdles you forsee coming up and planning for them. It's worth the journey and you are worth the effort

Awesome, well done you. This site is awesome and full of lovely people. I hope you have fun on your journey and even when it seems like the scales are mocking you, don't give up. You're worth it :D

x