6 months till my wedding!!

Options
Today I am starting a strict diet and moderate exercise program to get in killer shape and lose 20 pounds for my wedding! I really just need support to keep me in track!! I LOVE FOOD- junk food and chocolate mainly! So dieting is tough for me. I weigh 134.7 pounds as my starting weight and by June 1st I "will" weigh 115 and look smoking in my bridal gown!!! Anyone want to be diet buddies?!

Replies

• LivLovLrn
    LivLovLrn Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    just have to say that you will look amazing in your wedding gown no matter how much you weight :wink:
  • lzepeda87
    lzepeda87 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm on the same boat as you are. I weight 137 and want to get down to 115 myself. I'm in! My wedding is oct 2012 but we are taking our engagement pics sometime in may so I want to look good by then.
  • ashleyk_xox
    ashleyk_xox Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    That is great motivation! Congrats on the engagement. My boyfriend told me that he doesnt want me to cram all my weightloss in right before my wedding cuz he doesnt want me to get insane about it. You have a great jumpstart and 20 lbs is reasonable for 6 months! You can do it!
  • Phoenix24601
    Phoenix24601 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Same boat. My wedding is July of 2012, and I want to be 125 by then.
  • June1bride
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I know I can do it- it's just a matter of staying on track! So hopefully, being religious with logging my food/exercise and weighing in daily will help me reach my goal!

ZumbaQ- thank you! :) I know I will- and my fiancé loves me no matter what- but for my piece of mind, when I look back on my wedding photos, I want to know I look the best I ever have!
  • losinglbs0208
    Options
    I weigh a lot more than y'all, but I'm trying to shed pounds before getting married, too. I'm trying to keep my focus on not starting life as a wife this size instead of losing weight just for the one day in the dress. I never succeed at dropping weight for events before, but I think losing weight for my new life is going to be a better motivator.

Plus, I'm trying to keep my focus on being a wife not a bride.

I hope this doesn't make me sound annoying. ;)
  • pregmeg119
    pregmeg119 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, we have almost the same goals but my wedding is in ten months.
  • pregmeg119
    pregmeg119 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I weigh a lot more than y'all, but I'm trying to shed pounds before getting married, too. I'm trying to keep my focus on not starting life as a wife this size instead of losing weight just for the one day in the dress. I never succeed at dropping weight for events before, but I think losing weight for my new life is going to be a better motivator.

Plus, I'm trying to keep my focus on being a wife not a bride.

I hope this doesn't make me sound annoying. ;)

Not annoying at all, a smart woman! No man cares how much you weigh if he is marrying you, no sense in going hogwild and driving your soon to be hubby insane in the process!! Good luck to you, one thing I live by is each pound lost is a victory! Feel free to add me if you'd like!
  • Susieva
    Options
    I might suggest you switch your goal around a little, try a moderate diet and strict exercise. You don't have a huge amount to lose and you have plenty of time. If you increase your exercise and even add some weight training, you will get super results faster. The number on the scale will not mean nearly as much as the numbers on the tape measure. A kettle ball, or even an exercise rubber band, will make a world of difference. Plus, if you increase your exercise, you can have an occasional piece of chocolate.
  • Jenhoover86
    Jenhoover86 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My wedding is in June 2012 and is why I am trying to lose a little weight. I want to be fit and tone for my wedding and more importantly the honeymoon! I am hoping that MFP will help me along the way for tracking my food. I have started turbo fire as a workout program for the "fit and tone" portion of my plan. Good luck to everyone on their plans!
  • jeyoung03
    Options
    I'm up for being a diet buddy, although I'm not getting married, I'm going to be in a wedding September 2012, and I'm the maid of honor... I don't want to be thinking about my weight and being in a dress that day, I want to enjoy the wedding!