Thanksgiving day

Options
What will everyone be eating and where?

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Traditional dinner at my Daughters. Portion control of course.
  • ksubbert
    ksubbert Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    My house.

I'm running the 8 mile Turkey Trot in the morning and then eating whatever I want. Thanksgiving only comes once a year and life's too short.
  • stefchica
    stefchica Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    home....small meal with family recipes and a south american twist for the turkey! mmmm
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Traditional Thanksgiving meal at my in-laws in upstate NY. I will be exercising portion control, of course.
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Traditional dinner with my parents.
  • amyrc12
    amyrc12 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Galloping Gobbler 4 miler - Then to my parents for a lazy day with my fam!
  • startingover42
    Options
    Traditional dinner at my mother's house. It is her favorite holiday. Going to be another tough one. We lost my uncle (my mom's brother last October due to suicide). Every year is tough without him. One good thing is that my brother in law is still cancer free after one year!
  • bstamps12
    bstamps12 Posts: 1,184
    Options
    Turkey Day 10K then Grandparents for dinner. I HATE all Thanksgiving food except for vegetables but even those seem to always be cooked differently and have other things mixed in, so I starve after my race :grumble:
  • lunamare
    lunamare Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    We're heading to our cabin in VT with my parents. We'll do the turkey, but Dad's diabetic and they don't eat crazy so we won't have the typically gluttony of food around us. We keep it pretty simple, stuffing, potatos, a couple of veggies, maybe rolls. It's nice and relaxing up there. I'm looking forward to it.
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Home...with family and a few friends!! Traditional dinner and wil enjoy every morsel of it!
  • lunamare
    lunamare Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Traditional dinner at my mother's house. It is her favorite holiday. Going to be another tough one. We lost my uncle (my mom's brother last October due to suicide). Every year is tough without him. One good thing is that my brother in law is still cancer free after one year!

Hugs, I know exactly how you feel. We lost a family member a couple of years ago and that way and the holidays are always so difficult. You're doing good focusing on the positive.
  • BeachGurl815
    BeachGurl815 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I'm taking a 90 minute spin class that morning and then eating a little of everything and enjoy dessert.
  • annameier8706
    annameier8706 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Making dinner for some visiting family and some friends who won't be going home for the holidays (we're military). Going ot be doing a gourmet traditional dinner with an asian twist to the turkey (the hubby is a quarter okinawan). Portion control, lots of food prep on my feet, and hopefully a nice long walk with my mom that morning will help me stay withing limits. Plus, i'm slightly allergic to turkey, so I will go easy there. :smile: Super excited to cook up a strom!
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    Early AM workout, and then I'll be getting my cooking ON! I'll be preparing a semi-traditional Thanksgiving dinner for my family.
  • rm830
    rm830 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Gonna hit the gym in the AM so I can eat all the yummy thanksgiving food I make...traditional turkey dinner for us!!
  • Queen_JessieA
    Queen_JessieA Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    Eating at my parent's home :)

Was just sitting down and making the things I contribute. Sweet potato Souffle, Double Pumpkin Cheesecake, Brussels Sprouts w/ bacon, Mashed Potatoes and home made rolls. Will pick up a Honey Baked Ham, too.

My mom generally makes the turkey and dressing (OLD family recipe...yumms), collards (hey, we are Georgia folks), deer roast and a few other sides.

My sister takes the easy way out and makes deviled eggs.

Yes, we cook for an army. Southern meals in our family are a HUGE affair. We always have a ton of people ~ people that are down deer hunting and don't have a family to go to.

I wish I could hit the gym that morning ~ but I have to leave around 6 am to drive 3 hours to get my cousin from his base. Then another 3 hours back. Gotta get all my cooking done the day before :/
  • spottedlee
    Options
    dinner at my daughter's new husband's family. I still don't know how to politely say,,, i am watching my intake. They are the type who would FEED you. I only met them 3 times this past year,, Thanksgiving, easter, and wedding so i don't really know them well to ask for low calories dinner.
  • BeachGurl815
    BeachGurl815 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Spottedlee: offer to bring a dish or two like a salad or light dessert.