How often do you weigh in?

Options
2»

Replies

• Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    every day first thing in the morning but usually only record mondays.
  • Jackie9950
    Jackie9950 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I'm still fairly new to this, been at it for a week. How often do you weigh in? Daily, weekly, monthly? I'm not quite sure I would want to daily, dont want to get my self down if I dont see any change.

Wanted to see what others were doing.

I weigh daily but only record once a week. It's really up to personal preference though...

I do the same thing!
  • Pisc2749
    Pisc2749 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Never! I go by how my clothes fit and how I feel. I know I've lost recently but I have no idea how much. All I know is my clothes are getting bigger and I look better with none on. I refuse to be a slave to the scale.
  • Shanahan09
    Options
    Weekly. Used to be daily, but it drives me bonkers. The scale is a dictator to me..... "Oh, a loss I see, well go my deary and have a piece of cake, you deserve it"...OR "You didn't lose at all, wth are ya doing with yourself ya lasy a**?" :bigsmile:
  • snailrunner
    snailrunner Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I weigh about four times a week, in the mornings. I don't record unless I have lost a significant amount of weight and it stays off (hence last weigh in was three weeks ago!).
  • DisneyAddictRW
    DisneyAddictRW Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Weekly - On Fridays. Daily doesn't work for me! Morning till evening I can change up or down 2lbs. I can't do monthly because it would drive me nuts but might actually be better since I can vary in weight so much. You got my mind turning...
  • mkwongh
    mkwongh Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Ive tried weighing myself twice a day at one point - and it was really strange - in the morning, before breakfast..i would weigh more then after breakfast, lunch, 6-9 cups of water and a work out - I would weigh less. It didnt make sence to me....

I still weigh myself once a day, but only record weekly or bi weekly. Its also good to keep a record of your inches overall as well - for the last 3 months I was not loosing weight, but was loosing inches... both make me happy :) I record my inches once a month :smile:
  • KandieLantz
    KandieLantz Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I weighed myself daily for years. It didn't matter whether I was gaining, losing, or sitting still. I became a slave to the scale and as hard as it was, I stopped. I weigh myself once a week now and love not being as obsessed with it. It's personal preference I think, it depends on your reaction to the results I suppose. :)
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    once a week
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    I don't have a scale, so I weigh in every doctor's appointment; next one is in January.

I'm more interested in how I look physically or my measurements than a number on a scale, anyway.
  • sdwelk11
    sdwelk11 Posts: 825
    Options
    every morning,. i have to because its the only thing that keeps me focused on losing the weight. I feel more accountable when I weigh every day. I dont get discouraged if the scale is up one day because I know it has to do with my sodium intake and i drink more water than normal to help flush it out of my body
  • AylaBean
    AylaBean Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Right now Im not WI for a month, but normally its weekly (Mondays)
  • gashinshotan
    gashinshotan Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Everyday - motivates me when I even lose half a lb from the day before....
  • Artemis_Acorn
    Artemis_Acorn Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I try to do it every morning. I'm not a slave to the scale by any means, but it is an important tool for me to understand how my body reacts to thngs like sodium, exercise, sleep (or lack of it), hormones, water intake etc. I also take my Blood Pressure every morning and see similar patterns - on my doctors recommendation.

If I was diabetic and was taking my blood sugar levels every morning, noon and night, no one would consider that excessive, or being a "slave" to the monitor - it's a critical thing to know how your body is responding to diet, stress, exercise etc. It's a perfectly reasonable step for a person with blood sugar issues, just as tracking BP is wise for a hypertensive person. Why is it considered obsessive for a person with a weight issue to monitor it daily? I can tell you that for me, scale avoidance caused far more damage, allowing me to live in denial about what the scale could have told me.

So I face the scale every day, and happily log every drop that occurs (I do whole numbers only). If the scale goes up, I don't freak out - but I am determined to get it back down. The point is...this is what works for me right now. It could change down the road. You need to figure out what works for you. There are no MFP police that will knock down your door and confiscate your scale if you don't do it the way they say on the check-in page. You know yourself - you should be able to find what feels right for you and run with it.