Sleep Texting??

Options
There is a special coming on the local news about sleep texting tonight :laugh: I'm waiting to watch the whole thing but I couldn't help but laugh. Does anyone here suffer from sleep texting (since it hasn't been on yet I can only assume its texting while asleep)?

Replies

• stampede55
    Options
    Blackout texting is my forte'. Drink a ton, blackout, then randomly text people I don't normally talk to and tell them how much I love them. I Love You Man!!

Never texted in my sleep....or have I???:laugh:
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    I dont suffer sleep texting (as far as I am aware), but I DO hold conversations in my sleep.

I didn't know about this until 1 year ago when my ex boyfriend confronted me about something I had told him in my sleep!!!

He then went on, "Yeah, you didn't know you talked in your sleep did you? Well, I hold conversations with you all the time and you don't know it!"

I told my mom and her response was, "Oh yea. Sometimes I talk to you when you are sleeping too :D:D:D"

ahhh ps: For more details, supposedly I SIT UP AND OPEN MY EYES. I then answer any questions and lay back down. XD
  • jermyZ
    jermyZ Posts: 27
    Options
    I've woke up in the middle of the night from a dead sleep to reply to someone and fell right back asleep, then when i saw it in the morning I had no recollection of ever doing it lol. I knew i had texted but i didnt remember a word i said. I've done my share of blackout drunk texts as well lol :laugh:
  • PBJunky
    PBJunky Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    There is a special coming on the local news about sleep texting tonight :laugh: I'm waiting to watch the whole thing but I couldn't help but laugh. Does anyone here suffer from sleep texting (since it hasn't been on yet I can only assume its texting while asleep)?

Never heard about this, interesting though
  • Juliebean_1027
    Juliebean_1027 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I look at text messages and sometimes send a reply during the night, but I'm usually at least semi-awake, if not fully functioning. There has been more than one occasion though where I've been too tired to respond and I'll read something, then respond verbally out loud and won't remember until the following morning that I still have to send a reply.
  • rmwinters
    rmwinters Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Texting and drinking...don't EVER do it!
  • hefinator
    Options
    i've been texting at night before and dozed off, and woken up not remembering the last few texts i've sent/replied to!!
  • cschu544
    cschu544 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I feel like if you were sleep texting, you would be able to identify your conversations in your sent box...unless you are really good at deleting the evidence.
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    During my middle of the night feeding of my son, I will scroll through facebook half-asleep and sometimes comment on people's posts. The next day I'll see something I wrote and be like WTF.. when did I do that? Sort of the same thing.
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options
    I sleep text all the time. In the morning I see the texts and don't remember a thing. And I don't drink often.
  • RyanDanielle5101
    Options
    I sleep text all the time. In the morning I see the texts and don't remember a thing. And I don't drink often.

That is interesting, do the texts make sense when you look at them in the morning?
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    Texting and drinking...don't EVER do it!

A-FRICKEN-MEN!
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options

That is interesting, do the texts make sense when you look at them in the morning?

Sometimes they make sense, sometimes they don't. Sometimes they make perfect sense except I sent it to the wrong person.
  • kbarry90
    Options
    I dont suffer sleep texting (as far as I am aware), but I DO hold conversations in my sleep.

I didn't know about this until 1 year ago when my ex boyfriend confronted me about something I had told him in my sleep!!!

He then went on, "Yeah, you didn't know you talked in your sleep did you? Well, I hold conversations with you all the time and you don't know it!"

I told my mom and her response was, "Oh yea. Sometimes I talk to you when you are sleeping too :D:D:D"

ahhh ps: For more details, supposedly I SIT UP AND OPEN MY EYES. I then answer any questions and lay back down. XD

I do the same thing.
  • kb455
    kb455 Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I don't sleep text. However, I have been known to drunk text.
  • Tegan74
    Tegan74 Posts: 202
    Options

I do the same thing.

I do as well ~ I told my ex husband I was going out on a date with another man. He was NOT happy with me the next morning :/
    *no I wasnt, an no thats not the reason we got divorced haha*
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    My boss (who is also my friend) does this. She has trouble sleeping so takes Ambien as prescribed. She often posts on FB or texts random things in her sleep. Usually it's hilarious.
  • Tegan74
    Tegan74 Posts: 202
    Options
    My boss (who is also my friend) does this. She has trouble sleeping so takes Ambien as prescribed. She often posts on FB or texts random things in her sleep. Usually it's hilarious.

That crap is BAD ~ one of my friends got up, drove to the store, bought cokes an went home. Thing is, she left her car running, with the doors locked at the grocery store. To this day nobody knows HOW she got home. I REFUSE to take it. It has a label on it that says 'people have had sex in there sleep while taking this drug' uummm if I'm gonna have sex I think I'd rather remember it.........
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options

That crap is BAD ~ one of my friends got up, drove to the store, bought cokes an went home. Thing is, she left her car running, with the doors locked at the grocery store. To this day nobody knows HOW she got home. I REFUSE to take it. It has a label on it that says 'people have had sex in there sleep while taking this drug' uummm if I'm gonna have sex I think I'd rather remember it.........

Yeah, last night she was posting FB about how she was hungry and what to make (this was clearly her Ambien-facebooking), and she ended up driving to McDonalds and getting chicken nuggets. Thankfully the mcdonalds is less than a mile from her place and the only roads she drives on are neighborhood roads, but still.
  • RyanDanielle5101
    Options

Yeah, last night she was posting FB about how she was hungry and what to make (this was clearly her Ambien-facebooking), and she ended up driving to McDonalds and getting chicken nuggets. Thankfully the mcdonalds is less than a mile from her place and the only roads she drives on are neighborhood roads, but still.

I think I'm scared now, didn't realized I could get run over by a person sleep driving to McDonalds on Ambien.

I think they should add that to the disclaimer at the end of the commercial *May also cause you to take midnight drives to McDonalds while taking this medication*

I am hugely against BIG Pharma and all the meds that are put on the market, there is a natural substance that can be used to treat most of the issues this so called "medication" treats with out the side effects of Oily Discharge.