I'm not dieting. I'm changing my entire life.

Options
I have been a student for the past three years and have watched my weight steadily creep up during that time. I've always been overweight but since meeting my husband in 2006, I have gained an extra 45 pounds.
I am a physical therapy student and spend all day (I'm in my last clinical right now) instructing people on proper exercise and promoting a healthy lifestyle and it's a constant reminder that I'm not doing these things in my own life.
I've always enjoyed exercising and I've been easing myself back into a regular routine the past several weeks. One of my best girl friends has been using MFP to lose some extra baby weight and she's been pushing me to check it out for several months. I'm so happy that I finally did. I'm super excited about MFP because I feel like I can finally get my terrible eating habits under control. This is my first week and seeing what I'm actually putting in my body is a huge motivator to make healthy choices.
I'm not dieting. I'm changing my entire life and I can't wait to start feeling stronger, healthier and feeling good about myself again.
I would love to add some friends for encouragment and motivation, so please add me if you want! :)

Replies

• sharonsjones
    sharonsjones Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    You will love all the support that this site provides. You already have the right mind set that its a "change of lifestyle" not a diet. Good luck on your weight loss journey!
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    Such a great attitude to start out with! Welcome to MFP. You'll love it!
  • italianissima
    italianissima Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You will love it here! I'm adding you!
  • laursey
    laursey Posts: 307
    Options
    Amen. This is a lifestyle, not a CRASH diet. MFP is such a great place to bounce ideas off people going through the same successes and struggles as you. Enjoy it and make sure you surround yourself with lots of supportive people. Those on the outside don't get it and can sometimes sabatoge you : (

I'll add you too!

6143704.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • forty3fab
    forty3fab Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Welcome to your new way of life! Feel free to add me!
  • SuzieMae78
    SuzieMae78 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!!!!
  • Welcome! I joined with the same mindset as you, so you are already off to a great start! I will add you as a friend!
  • gretchensdoll
    Options
    This is such a positive place. You will find all varieties of people working to achieve their goals in so many ways. Glad you're taking steps to wok towards your health. I'm happy to see you're really approaching this gently- just looking at where you're at then making changes after :)
  • CatDorrell
    Options
    Yay! Im so glad you decided to join, I tell everyone about it bc it works, it gets you in that right mindset. If you think about how many times a day you check your email or get on facebook than its that easy, ya know?! So proud of you! Your gonna put all the heffers to shame, I know it! :)
  • TMasticTB
    TMasticTB Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I couldn't agree more to you, saying that you're changing your entire life. I decided to make the change just a couple days ago, and I'm already feeling 100% better about myself, even though I haven't lost any weight yet. Starting off on the right foot will definitely help and keep you motivated. Feel free to add me!
  • rlhunsucker
    rlhunsucker Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Gotta get Stacy using it again, too. The other girls may follow, who knows?