MFP Poll: What's your fav Whey Protein

Options
Fitwam
Fitwam Posts: 275 Member
Okay, we talk about the Protein Shakes on here often. Of course, I didn't bump that particular topic...so I am reposting. I used Visalus before (VERY TASTY...but VERY COSTLY!). I just purchased the GNC Amp brand. Looking for mainly a pre/post workout shake.
So today's MFP poll question is..what's your favorite Whey Protein brand? ...and as a bonus question, is it giving you the results you like?

Replies

• bringit30
    bringit30 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I have been drinking Visalus for breakfast - very costly is correct! I am interested in others answer's as well!!
  • loseiteli
    loseiteli Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • rm830
    rm830 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Either Syntha-6 or Optimum Nutrition ones...they both taste good, but ON is lower in calories.
  • cajunlady56
    cajunlady56 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    super advance something (it is on my diary). You can find it at WalMart - I think it is their brand
  • Halothane
    Halothane Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I use Isopure they have some no carb and low carb options. I use the Isopure low carb dutch chocolate.
  • RRodriguez217
    Options
    Dymatize Elite Whey Protein Isolate! (y) has about the same profile as Optimum Nutrition does. A bit less calories though!
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    xtreme formulations ultra peptide and ultra peptide whey
  • gashinshotan
    gashinshotan Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Cytosport protein (not muscle milk) best stuff I've tried - I liked Syntha 6 too the one time I tried it but I don't think it's worth the cost.... right now I'm using cheapo Twinlabs and EAS.... doesnt taste bad but doesnt mix well...
  • alyssamiller77
    alyssamiller77 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition 100% Gold Standard Whey - Extreme Chocolate. It tastes the best of any protein supplement I've tried and is also the easiest mixing. It doesn't clump even when stirring the way some others do. Mixes well and tastes good with either water or milk.
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    Whey to Go protein powder is the best!! I've only been using it with strength training for about a week, so I think it's too early to see results. Still very tasty though :D
  • SuddenlyPickles
    Options
    Thanks for this thread... My current protein tastes terrible (trying to choke down a glass right now), so I'll be watching this thread closely :)
  • Ebbykins
    Ebbykins Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Kaizen whey from Costco (big tub 32.99-39.99) depending on the sale, I don't do well with most whey because of all the artificial sweeteners, but I love both their chocolate and vanilla and are lower in sucralose and other sweeteners because they sub in stevia for some of it! Love it, it's been a blessing to my guts.
  • jskaggs1971
    jskaggs1971 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    My local natural grocer, Vitamin Cottage, has a house brand New Zealand Whey that's unflavored, mixes well with almost anything, and costs about 60% of what the major whey brands cost.
  • Fitwam
    Fitwam Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the good responses guys! One thing I've learned is there are a lot more viable options out there. And yes....mixing seems to be an issue with my current brand. I wonder if it clumps on the glass like it does...what must it be doing to my stomach?

I see some brands I definitely want to try next!!!
    Thanks again!
  • jah7700
    jah7700 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    The wifey bought Jillian's Whey Protein Triple Chocolate... Not bad, 100cals, 15g protein per scoop. Is this a good ratio?
  • idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I've been using Jay Robb chocolate whey protein powder. It's pricey but since it's made with only pure isolate it doesn't give me tummy troubles like some of the other powders.
  • Sobe1970
    Sobe1970 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Six Star Professional Strength Triple Chocolate (with 1 cup unsweetened almond beverage). Nummy :happy:
  • ashimon
    ashimon Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Syntha-6 is pretty good. I add a scoop some ice and water to my magic bullet and when it gets done I have a pretty incredible tasting milkshake fully mixed and fully delicious. Amazon subscribe and save has the Vanilla Milk Shake right now 5 pounds for ~33$
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Kaizen whey from Costco (big tub 32.99-39.99) depending on the sale, I don't do well with most whey because of all the artificial sweeteners, but I love both their chocolate and vanilla and are lower in sucralose and other sweeteners because they sub in stevia for some of it! Love it, it's been a blessing to my guts.

There are tons of whey proteins out there that have NO sweeteners at all or that use stevia.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    Just bought a new tub of Optimum Nutrition rich chocolate today. Very tasty and low cal, even when I mix it with milk.