Finding time to eat with no set daily schedule.

Options
I wish I was better at eating breakfast in the morning. But I feel like I wake up get ready and run to the train, and then when I get to the train station I need to get a bagel and coffee at D&D. This morning I woke up and made my own coffee, but I'm never hungry in the morning until I get an hour in to my commute. Also I think another issue with my diet is that my hours are so crazy that I never get to eat meals at a proper time. Like today my lunch break is at 3, and then I won't get home till after 9:30 and I'm dying of hunger at that time. And then I don't go to bed early, which makes me not wake up in time the next day to make or want breakfast. Ugh. LOL I need the commuting diet.

Replies

• dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Can you pack snacks to eat through out the day? Nuts, Apple, Peanut Butter, Greek Yougurt, String cheese.. All good options to have on hand and they are portable.. Just throw them in an insulated lunch bag with a ice pack and your good to go.

I'm a teachers aid sub, so my day depends on the schedule of the aid i"m subbing for. I tend to eat breakfast at like 5 or 6 am, lunch between 10:45 and 12:45, Snack around 3 pm, Go to the gym around 4:30-5:00 and then Dinner around 6-7.

I make sure my meals all have a good protein/carb/fat ratio.. Helps keep you full longer!
  • kerbrary
    Options
    That's a good idea! I should start packing a little cooler with some snacks. It would be good for the train too because those are good snackin' times. And if I have stuff with me maybe I won't be so tempted to try and buy a snack at the news stand. Thanks for the suggestion!
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    It doesn't make a difference what time you eat, breakfast or otherwise.