6'7" guys: What's a good waist size for us?

Options
Just curious if there are any 6'7" guys out there and what your ideal waist size is.

I was at about 41", got it down to 37" (current) but used to wear a 34 waist (which I have since learned was probably not actually 34" - but bigger) before I quit smoking and then gained a lot of weight which took me to a 41"-ish waist.

I see the boxer V. Klitschko is around 36" waist and he's about 6'7" but then, I'm not even going to *begin* to pretend I could ever get into shape like him (with 12.6% body fat).

Although my belly is gone now, I still have a bit of "love-handle" goin' on so I think my waist could get a bit smaller. I'm presently at 207 pounds.
Curious and sorry for the run-on sentences.
Thanks.

Replies

• IamJustSanie
    IamJustSanie Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    My hubby is 6'6 and he is a 38 waist line...
  • goquiltersgo
    goquiltersgo Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    My Husband is 6'9" and has a 36" waist. For years he had a 34" waist but that was jsut too skinny!
  • snapcult
    Options
    I'm only 6'1', but I did sell jeans for the better part of my adult life. I'd say a 36 would be about perfect. 34 would also be ok, but only if you have a naturally really slim build.
  • kimbim60
    kimbim60 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Doctor Oz says The ideal waist size is 32½ inches or less for women and 35 inches or less for men.
  • Cam_
    Cam_ Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Doctor Oz says The ideal waist size is 32½ inches or less for women and 35 inches or less for men.
    Great feedback. Thanks everybody.

I checked out Dr. Oz a bit further. I found a video of him with Oprah and he said to take your height in inches and divide by 2. Your waist should be *smaller* than that. In my case, 39.5". (So far so good!)
    Combined with everyone elses responses, I think 36" will be my ideal circumference. That jives with Klitschko's waist too.
    Thanks!