thick headed...i admit it!

Options
to start off, i quess i am thick headed...so here goes
if i am to consume 2050 calories a day to lose 1 pound per week by just eating alone, and i burn off 400-500 calories on the 4 days that i do work out, what is my required caloric intake EACH DAY so i don't go into starvation mode? can you give me the amount for a 1 pound and 2 pound loss per week.
plain and simple do i just keep it around 2050 no matter what?
i would like to see a 2# lose per week

Replies

• momma4pookie
    Options
    i know i posted a question earlier, this is just hypothetical...or maybe not...
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    How much do you have to lose? The less you have to lose, the more you need to eat and should only be at a pound or half a pound a week loss.
  • kendernau
    kendernau Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Simple answer: To lose 2 pounds per week, subtract 500 calories from the daily number MFP gives you for losing 1 pound a week. Eat back your exercise calories on the days you work out, and you don't have to adjust anything else.
  • millerll
    millerll Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    It would help you a lot if you read the "stickies" marked with the red push pin icon at the top of this forum section. Check out the articles under "Links in MFP you want to read again and again" and "Newbies read me".

These answer all your questions and explain how MFP sets up your values. Good luck.
  • momma4pookie
    Options
    kendernau

OMG i think you got thru to me...thank you! you made it sound so easy...i guess i like the "scenic route" around things
    again thanx

to every one else thank you also