metabolic syndrome/insulin resistant

Options
I have just recently joined the site logging religiously all my meals and keep track of my carbs as I had a dietician appointment today. I have been dieting for over 3 years on my own and managed to lose roughly 50 kg, however, it has started to creep up by 1 or 2 kg on or off and i needed some advice. I have metabolic syndrome or resistance to insulin, underactive thyroid,, growth hormone deficiency and a piturity adenoma, so i have lots of problems to deal. Would love support from people with any of these conditions as i really want to lose the last 30 kg to get down to a 'normal' weight. The dietician had never dealt with any body with all these problems so I feel quite isolated.

Replies

• SusanneWhittington
    SusanneWhittington Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    and I thought I am bad with my insulin resistance with underactive thyroid. Just keep on going taking all your medicine and exercise, I noticed that a lot of my symptoms are nearly to totally gone, e.g. depression, anxiety, always tired.
    I worked out and ate healthy, still gained weight, finally I changed doctors and was diagnosed with Insulin resistance and underactive thyroid, it took a while with the medication, but I started feeling a bit better, after i started working out, it was another step in a feeling better direction, but still not really great. I got a recommendation from my doctor for Live right 4 your type, I bought that book, changed my healthy food into what is good for my blood type and now I feel I am on the right way, my health got better drastically and my weight drops without any extra effort.
    But every person is different, hope you find your right way.