suddenly i'm ALWAYS starving? UGH!

Options
before i even started my diet, i never ate because i was hungry. in fact, i didnt even eat that much to begin with. i ate about 3 meals, just bad crap. and i NEVER excercised. NOW.. i'm working out 4 times a week min, i eat 6ish times a day. yet i am ALWAYSSS hungry. and it's not the boredom eating, i know the difference. i can hear my stomach gurgling and i'm constantly trying to think of other stuff.. drink water, eat an apple, etc. but for some reason.. i want like heavy food in my stomach because i'm allwwayyyyyys always hungry. anybody else have this problem? what do you do? should i eat something more if i feel this way? UGHHH!!!

Replies

• jessicasager
    Options
    before i even started my diet, i never ate because i was hungry. in fact, i didnt even eat that much to begin with. i ate about 3 meals, just bad crap. and i NEVER excercised. NOW.. i'm working out 4 times a week min, i eat 6ish times a day. yet i am ALWAYSSS hungry. and it's not the boredom eating, i know the difference. i can hear my stomach gurgling and i'm constantly trying to think of other stuff.. drink water, eat an apple, etc. but for some reason.. i want like heavy food in my stomach because i'm allwwayyyyyys always hungry. anybody else have this problem? what do you do? should i eat something more if i feel this way? UGHHH!!!
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I am having this trouble, I think it is what we are choosing when we eat, I think that we need to eat the fruit with something more filling.....I noticed that I had beans one day in a salad (taco salad with refried beans) and that filled me up pretty good, now I know you can't have beans all the time, but think that is where we have to go with this......you let me know if you come up with an idea. :flowerforyou:

GO GREEN!
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I had that problem big-time today. Based on what I ate today versus what I ate previously this week, I've noticed that sandwiches - whole wheat with cheese and low-salt turkey - fills me up well. Greek salads are also really good, and, like you said, apples and bananas are fab. If you need more, steam some vegetables in advance - they have VERY low calorie counds and are very filling. Drop me a line if this helps!
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    For me, if I eat the nutrition I need, and the right amount of calories/portions, I don't get hungry. A balanced diet doesn't mean 20% of each of the 5 basic food groups(meats, dairy, multi grains, fruits vegies)but rather, the right percentage of each. For example, it's my choice to choose the 20-25 % fat intake. To fuel our body so they work best for us is really what this is all about. Losing stored fat is a bonus. If I am eating right, I feel great. Lots of energy, sleep good at night, and...........I don't feel starved or deprived. Write me if you would like some of my daily eating plans. They are real simple because I have to keep it that way, plus, Im no chef:laugh: But I can help you plan a day and see how that works for you.

denise in Sams Valley
    I started at 137 on Nov 9 and I've lost just 7 pounds, but, I have learned a lot and will most likely lose atleast a pound a week now that I've learned how my own bod works:) I still have lots to learn though:)
  • charliesgold
    charliesgold Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    When you're eating lots of smaller meals throughout the day it is easy to overlook a certain food groups which can make you crave the things your body is missing. I am a firm believer in the fact that if your body is craving something you are "deficient" in something that food has - even chocolate is a craving for iron although that craving is much better served with healthier foods. Don't cut carbs either, your body NEEDS them and uses them as a major energy source.

The always hungry part comes from the fact that you are keeping your metabolism going throughout the day so your body comes to expect food but try to make sure you cover your necessities with your small meals as well.