Food Snob and too skinny...

Options
Has anyone encountered people looking at you or making comments to you about how you eat and look now that you've began or have lost weight? I get comments all the time about how "healthy" my food is and about what I must think of their choices. I don't really care what they eat. If they ask for my help or comments they i will gladly help them but otherwise I'm just concentrating on myself. Another one is how 'skinny' I look and when am I going to stop. I'm still considered overweight by the BMI calculations and still do not feel like I'm where I want to be. I may look thinner than I used to but am by no means too skinny. Sorry for the slight vent, have you experienced anything similar?

Replies

• amelia_atlantic
    amelia_atlantic Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    All the time! I just take it with a grain of salt (not literally because I don't salt anything because I'm such a 'health freak').
    I usually just say " I'll stop when I'm done." or "I eat it because I like it". You don't have to explain yourself to anyone!

What we MFPers have to remember is not everyone lives the lifestyle we do. Not everyone checks into to a site to log their calories. It seems extreme to them but to us, it's a life choice.
  • sarad777
    sarad777 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I took some crap at dinner last night. I ate a cottage cheese container and had some herbal tea. I actually ate 4 pieces of pizza 3.5 hours earlier and a breakfast, plus a bacardi breezer. That was enough for me. You're so skinny and why aren't you eating more happened. In fact, weigh in today as a pound heavier. Good grief people! Give me some slack! I don't want to be big.
  • sbeisel1
    sbeisel1 Posts: 181
    Options
    Make your diary private and they wont even know what food choices you make.

they have too much time on their hands if they are so worried about what you eat, delete and dont respond to them.

Good for you for not worrying about them, worry about yourself!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Make your diary private and they wont even know what food choices you make.

they have too much time on their hands if they are so worried about what you eat, delete and dont respond to them.

Good for you for not worrying about them, worry about yourself!

I think she's talking about people who know her irl, not on the internet

I usually don't get this because when I'm out eating with people I usually just take it as an opportunity to splurge on fries. I don't eat with people everyday, I generally work through lunches.

As far as weightloss, yes I got the comment (through my hubs) recently that someone we know was concerned that I lost too much weight and looked unhealthy. but she also asked him not to tell me who it was because I "could totally beat her up." If I was unhealthy and malnourished I wouldn't be able to do half the **** I can do, but aside from that . . . just because you can see my muscles doesn't mean that I'm not healthy. But I digress, I told DH that I feel blessed that I have people that care enough about me to say such things without malice.
  • GG70
    GG70 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    All the time! I just take it with a grain of salt (not literally because I don't salt anything because I'm such a 'health freak').
    I usually just say " I'll stop when I'm done." or "I eat it because I like it". You don't have to explain yourself to anyone!

What we MFPers have to remember is not everyone lives the lifestyle we do. Not everyone checks into to a site to log their calories. It seems extreme to them but to us, it's a life choice.

EXACTLY, AM/AT!!! : )
  • susanswan
    susanswan Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    My experience is it is usually women who say that. And they are either ones who have never seen me at a healthy weight and/or mainly those who (pardon my French) are fat and don't have a healthy frame of reference. Believe me, I am far from THIN! For the first time in my life I feel like I look "normal". I am aiming for the middle of the BMI for starters and will use that as a guide. Most men whom I know tell me that I look great. I still have a lot of muscle to build and will continue to work on that after the pounds are gone. 7 left to go!