looking for runners?

Looking for people who enjoy running. I'm training for the Goofy Challenge (Jan 7th half and Jan 8th full). I'm by far not not an expert and would love to find extra support to keep me moving!

Replies

• biobreak
    biobreak Posts: 33 Member
    Wow - good luck with the Goofy! Some friends of mine have done it and it sounds awesome. I'm a runner and love to talk about it. I just finished my 6th Marine Corps Marathon (my 2nd as a certified distance running coach) and I'm SO proud of my group. Everyone went out slowly, raced smart and finished well.

What are you doing to train for a half and a whole in one weekend? Good luck!
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    that challenge sounds awesome! I wish i would have known about that sooner....its going on my race calendar for 2013!!!
  • saffir27
    saffir27 Posts: 68 Member
    I just completed the Portland marathon last month. I'm not an expert either but I find having a run on my schedule motivates me to keep moving.

Good luck on the Goofy Challenge. It is on my list for one event I want to do.

Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • wendyannie1976
    wendyannie1976 Posts: 205 Member
    I've run and raced for 11 years, anything from 10k through to marathon with some reasonably respectable times, feel free to add me :-) and good luck with the goofy sounds amazing!
  • sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    A goofy run sounds fun!! Im a runner but have not done a marathon YET! Im doing a half in March! Full will come next year sometime! I love to have running buddies!
  • DKing33
    DKing33 Posts: 78 Member
    I am a newer runner, currently training for my first 10k and then on to half training for next year.

Your challenge sounds fun.

Feel free to add me!
  • anastasiaBH
    anastasiaBH Posts: 268 Member
    Brand new runner here, never even raced a 5K yet, but I hope to soon. Still trying to learn, and would love to have more friends to help educate me. Feel free to friend me as well.
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,459 Member
    Still consider myself a bit of a newbie here, started running last year; I've done a handful of 5K's and one 5 miler; running my first 10K this Saturday and my first 1/2 in December with eyes on the NOLA Rock & Roll full marathon in March.
  • El_Rapido
    El_Rapido Posts: 97 Member
    Feel free to add me, I'm currently trying to beat an injury but usually I run on trails and up the side of big hills! :)
  • starbucksbuzz
    starbucksbuzz Posts: 466 Member
    Newer runner here too. No races yet, maybe in 2012 though!
  • Hello, Im new and I like to Run :)
    :smile:
  • Hello I am a new runner too, been running for a month. longest so far is just over 8 miles. I am training for a half marathon in March.