I have a problem

hmo4
hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
edited September 19 in Motivation and Support
Does this happen to any of you? A couple times a month I feel really nautious. :sick: It maybe indigestion, but none of those antacids work. It's very dabilitating. I have to go to bed, at times I dry heave (lovely), and I tend to eat too many carbs trying to feel better. I didn't exercise today cause I stalled, napped and woke up feeling like this. Does anyone else have this feeling-(besides pregnancy/flu.)? How do you feel better? Now I feel worse for not getting my workout done either....:cry:

Replies

• hmo4
    Does this happen to any of you? A couple times a month I feel really nautious. :sick: It maybe indigestion, but none of those antacids work. It's very dabilitating. I have to go to bed, at times I dry heave (lovely), and I tend to eat too many carbs trying to feel better. I didn't exercise today cause I stalled, napped and woke up feeling like this. Does anyone else have this feeling-(besides pregnancy/flu.)? How do you feel better? Now I feel worse for not getting my workout done either....:cry:
  • charliesgold
    charliesgold Posts: 235 Member
    I get that way certain times of the month (not my TOM) but i'm certain it's related to hormone levels due to my pill. I also vomit when i'm tired (lovely I know) but that's just how my body works. Could it even be something you're eating?
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    I'm on Depo and my insurance won't ship my next shot until it is too close to the time I have to take it so it's usually late getting to me, and I get that way when my hormones fluctuate. I know when I feel that way that migraines are not far away since I get hormonal migraines. When you burn fat you release estrogen since it is stored in our fat so that could be it too.

Amy:bigsmile:
    118984.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary

My favorite post for answers:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/23912-links-in-mfp-you-want-to-read-again-and-again
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    I have had this problem. My GE didn't really offer much advice besides going off my birth control (LOL, yea right, I'd rather be nauseas!) Some days when I work too hard or have been overreaching I feel pretty crummy. It's usually remedied by a good nap and a lot of water and some Gatorade.
  • I feel like that whenever I have green tea, dont know why. Its a yucky feeling.
  • tazspastic
    tazspastic Posts: 62 Member
    Have you tried eating a bit of protein? I have gotten like that sometimes too. Woke up one morning feeling like i wanted to hurl, but ate some yogurt and a banana and it cleared up. Could your sugars be low?
  • Thamber
    Thamber Posts: 194
    Yes. I get that. I am not 100% sure what it is. I never thought it could be hormonal? I am not on any BC.

I assumed it was because I was on very strong meds and iron suppl. for years and they really tore my tummy apart. I was looking back over my cals today and there were 2 days I got around 700 I ate a lot more the next days to compensate but i could not eat anymore on those days I was so sick and yes I thrw up a bit. Then the next day I was fine and hungry ...shrug..The only thing that kinda helps is sipping on a coke and then nibbling some plain crackers as I can. I ususally also feel very tired and just want to lay down? Its interesting that others get this too. Sad that it happens but kinda nice that i'm not alone.

I think I'll begin paying more attention and see if its related to what I eat. A few years ago I kept a strictly timed food journal to find food allergies and intolerances. I found out that 4 hours after eating a particular something my tummy would cramp dramatically. I tested this for a few weeks and it was like clockwork! I never would have discovered this if I had not kept the diary with times and what I felt. Anyway years later I actually had a food allergy test and yes I was allergic to that food. I guess it would be a good idea to start this again....
  • hmo4
    Thanks so much. Actually, I ate half a tub of yogurt in bed hoping it would make me feel better. Today-feel fine. I'm so glad i'm not alone. I've always figured maybe hormones. I'm not on the pill either. My husband is getting me tired of me being "sick" all the time. Damn *kitten* males- just don't get it. I thought it was maybe an association with TOM, ovulation, or a premenopause sign. Who knows? Just glad I'm not alone. Next time I watching Friends, I'll message you guys for support. (I'm sure you you can hardly wait).:laugh:
This discussion has been closed.