I thought I didn't need MFP anymore and gained 20lbs......HE

Options
I am back from my moronic, crazy, self destructive detour! Where did I go......back to Fat Land! Yes, it was great for awile...eating cheeseburgers and fries, apple dumplings and Halloween candy. But before I knew it I was out of control again and I have now gained back almost 20lbs. I want to stop this madness before I am right back to where I started. Last time I weighed in I was 195 in July, right before that vacation!!!!!! Today I am 214.5. It's TOM but I don't think that accounts for anywhere near the 20lbs I have gained. Anyway, I need HELP! People who are supportive, been there, done that......people who commuicate and talk. I have been de-friended by most of my peeps, for good reason! So I am searching for a few good diet buddies, who can kick my *kitten* when I need it and give me a "Thatta girl" when I deserve it:)

Please look me up....bybybelly~

Replies

• groomchick
    groomchick Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Been there done that... Add me if you like!
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. Feel free to add me as well.
  • CatchMom11
    CatchMom11 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I kept you because you have always been supportive. I'm right there with you sis! We will make it. I buying a notebook to log everything as well so that way, it's always right there. I bought the window marker and have my ugly number on my mirror. We can brainstorm together on Wednesday!

Btw.... you're beautiful no matter what size you are. Just thought you should know that!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Never stop logging......................:drinker:
  • rachelleahsmom
    rachelleahsmom Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Same with me. It's a struggle to lose a pound and then one day of Halloween candy and you're up 5! Add me if you like. I need some new motivation, too!

I'm thinking of putting a sign on the Halloween candy that says "CRACK" because while I wouldn't ever use drugs, this candy is feeding my addiction - or more accurately, I'm feeding my addiction with candy.

Best of luck, hon!
  • tofeelwell
    tofeelwell Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I reached my goal but realized that MFP could be adopted to be a tool for maintenance. I decided what my acceptable weight range would be and that I would weigh myself every week, just as I did while dieting. I did stop daily logging but, like this week, decided that I would make myself go back to logging if it looked like I was gaining. After maybe six weeks of being okay, on my last weigh-in I got to the top of my acceptable weight range so I am back logging until I feel I get back safely within my range. I allow myself 2# above/below my target weight. I lost enough weight to know I should not lose more.

Before I stopped logging, I had taken several months to figure out how much I could eat without gaining weight, so I had an idea of what my body could safely handle of those tempting foods. I also use MFP to figure out the calorie value of new recipes so I know what a right-size serving would be. Recipe books that say, for example, "4-6 servings" may be talking about portions that are larger than what a healthy portion should be. Maybe it should be 6-8 servings. The importance of portion control was a big lesson for me.

I won't offer myself as an "MFP" friend because I don't plan to keep logging in routinely. While the time required for MFP was extremely valuable while I was needing to lose weight, now that I am thinner I need that time to focus on other needs in my life...as long as I can stay on goal. I still keep my food scale on the counter and measure quantities at home regularly. Away from home it is tougher.

I was able to go without MFP for over a month. If I just need a few weeks of logging every few months to keep on track, that works for me. A goal is to celebrate on January 2nd, the anniversary of beginning MFP-logged dieting and again on the first Sunday in May, when I exceeded my goal. Maybe again in June when I got to the final weight range which I did not anticipate when I started. I need celebrations as goals to keep me on track.

I know you are restarting your diet and I hope it is very successful. Maybe my comments here will give you ideas on how to plan ahead to make sure that you keep the weight off. Good luck!