Couch to 5k app

Options
Hi everyone, I bought the couch to 5k app last night and just wanted to see if anyone has had success with it. I'm not a runner, at all. But I would really like to be. Any other running advice would be appreciated as well! =-)

Replies

• chele76
    chele76 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I've used it, its awesome. Following it will definitaly make you able to run a 5k as described. But it heled me confirm that I do not enjoy running at all. lol
  • rudegyal_b
    rudegyal_b Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    i loved it! finished in 9 weeks and moved on to ease to 10 k...its fun to see the progress every week, you can really surprise yourself!
  • liberaltendencies
    liberaltendencies Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Did you get it for iPhone? I love it!

I got through the first five weeks but switched back to workout DVDs. I'm going to get back out there soon. I would like to do a 10k in May. I wouldn't have made it to week five without that app!
  • ErinGiam
    ErinGiam Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I used it and ran my first 5k yesterday!! Just make sure you stick with it and you should have no problem. Too many times I would start it, do a few and then never finish. Good luck!!! :smile:
  • kyrstensmom
    kyrstensmom Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I just did Week 5, Day 1 today. I love to run. My advice is don't quit. Even when its really hard, don't quit. Keep moving, and you will finish. Make sure you have good shoes (they made all the difference in the world for me), and schedule a 5K around the time you will be finishing the 9 week program. It will be motivation to continue, even when you don't feel like it. Good luck!
  • jessilyn76
    jessilyn76 Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I didn't use the app, but I did complete the program and loved it!! I started the last week in August and did my first 5K on October 15. I was certainly not a runner when I started, and looked at the plan and thought that I would never be able to run 20 strait minutes by week 5, but I did it!! My only suggestion would be to get yourself a good pair of running sneakers, not necessarily expensive, but sneakers that are right for your running gait. Go to a local running shoe store and have an evaluation, it's free and they can help you find the best sneakers for you. I ran with the wrong sneakers for about 9 weeks and really suffered and injured my ankle.
  • pocomama
    pocomama Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I do it almost every day! I have been doing it for about 4 months, but I am only on week 4, lol. oh well, slow and steady wins the race. I think the most important advice I can give you is to get fitted for good shoes. Dont push too hard. I think sometimes I can actually walk faster than I run, but when I start getting that stabbing pain in my side I know I am pushing too hard and I have to back my pace down a bit.