Birth Control

2»

Replies

• TNoire
    TNoire Posts: 642 Member
    I went off the pill almost a year ago, I went on it to lose the weight before having a baby, I was able to lose 156lbs no problem with the one I was on it was a low dose hormone look into it if you want its called :

sprintec

Docs I know like it, if you have any symptoms like your having with the pill its time to switch ask your doc, my docs say stay away from anything with TRI in the name
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,423 Member
    Definitley talk to your doctor about your symptoms and ask about alternatives. I've never found a hormonal birth control option that suited me... I have always felt like I'm living in a fog and as soon as I've stopped I feel like I've woken up. This was on several different oral contraceptives and also with the Implanon implant.
    I think you just have to try them out and see what works for you.
  • jess_blonde
    jess_blonde Posts: 229 Member
    i'm getting the IUD this week.

Best decision I ever made! I gained weight, was unhappy and had zero sex drive on a low dose pill and on the NuvaRing. I also got migraines during my withdrawal week. I had a copper IUD (Flexi-T 300) installed almost six months ago and I ADORE it (his name is Dexter and I love him...yeah I named it lol).
  • jecka31
    jecka31 Posts: 284
    I had similar issues while on an oral BC. I switched to the Depo-Provera shot. I'm much happier and it hasn't affected my ability to lose weight. The only drawback is that you must keep up with how much calcium you get daily. You have to increase the amount you eat over what is recommended (your OB/GYN will tell you what amount will be appropriate for you) as the shot makes it harder for your body to absorb calcium.
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    let your doc know...it may not be the right kind for you. i found out that Ortho Tri-Cyclen makes me practically psychotic the hard way, haha.

also, please keep in mind that it's getting to that point of the year where SAD (seasonal affective disorder) also pops up. not sure if you live in a place with constant sunshine but the cold weather and early darkness is killing me here.
  • You just have to find the right one for your body. I'm on Yasmin as it works well for me. Absolutely no side effects and I've been on it for 8 years. I actually find that if I don't have it (took a break last year to see how I felt as was originally put on it for hormonal balance) and gained weight immediately. Went back on and it dropped right off! So opposite of what some people have. Try several :)