Mile Challenge for 11/07 - 11/13, open group

Options
Happy Monday to all! It's a new week, which means time for a restart of our weekly mile challenge. I'm so glad to have everyone completing this with me, it really helps get my booty moving towards my goal each week.
There are three mini-groups within this challenge. You can join up to complete either 15, 25, or 35 miles over the next seven days.

For new and old members, here is a list of the basics for this challenge:

-This is a weekly challenge to chart miles on any exercise equipment or outside running, walking, ect. We welcome anyone who would like to join us, this has become a great motivation for me! I will update the miles daily so we know where we all are. The challenge will run from today until next Sunday, and I will post the completed miles a week from today.

-There are three separate mini-groups for this mile challenge. Group A will be aiming for 15 miles, group B will aim for 25 miles, and group C will aim for 35 miles.

-Post your completed miles each day to this thread. I will update with current totals over my lunch most day, but forgive me if I am super busy and don't get to it until that night. Please include which group you would like to join with when you reply to join so I can sort you correctly, and when you reply with your miles, please list your group. For example, "PlunderBunneh, group B, 3.8 miles"

-I will keep your name on the list if you miss a couple of days, but if I don't hear from you for three days I will assume you've lost interest and I will remove your name from the challenge. You will still be welcome to join next week's challenge. If you feel you have been removed hastily, please send me a private message concerned the matter.

-These miles can be completed in just about whatever manner you prefer, and however spread out over the week. However, please don't join the challenge for 15 miles and knock that out in a day, it isn't supportive or encouraging to those of us that have to work for our mile challenge goal.

-I am not beyond typos and other silly mistakes! If your miles aren't adding up like they should, send me a message and let me know, and I'll look over the spreadsheet and figure out what is going on. Typically, I just entered the wrong number into the wrong place by accident. I promise not to eat your soul if you point out my mistake ;)

-This is a friendly challenge! It's okay if something comes up and you can't reach goal. We are here to motivate each other, not judge.

To join the challenge, reply to this thread by Wednesday afternoon with your name and let me know which goal you are aiming for, A (15 miles), B (25 miles), or C (35 miles).

Happy miles to all!

Replies

• Eliannasmom
    Eliannasmom Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I would love to join your challenge!!! You can count me in for 4.6 this morning! I am thinking I would like to do the 35 miles as I am trying for 240 by Christmas :)
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    Never thought I'd be up for a challenge like this but I'm starting week 3 of C25K today and this I can do this too! I'm in for 15 miles.

Teresa
    Group A
  • judimuro
    judimuro Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I would like to join for the 15 mile group! Hopefully this well help me stay motivated!
  • JasonD334
    JasonD334 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I am heavily involved in weight and ab training right now, but I do my cardio every other day, and a good 15miles worth of running never hurt anyone. Please sign me up for group A. Thanks for the invite!
  • betzeross
    betzeross Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I would like to join the challenge for 15 miles by Sunday.
    Thank you for the invitation :)
  • loumorgan85
    Options
    Count me in, this is the first challenge i have completed so I'll give it a go!!

Louise
    Group B
  • Skinny4theRing
    Options
    I'd like to join!!! I think I'll go for 15 miles. I'm just getting back into the swing of things after a looong break (and gaining 10 pounds, yikes!) So I think this will be a challenge in and of itself. Can't wait! :)
  • slimkitty
    Options
    I have a question. Do we only count miles that we completed as part of exercise or any distance that we've travelled during the day (to and from school, post office etc). Sorry if you answered this already and I just didn't understand :)
  • BREYOUNG
    Options
    I would like to do the 15 Mile Group.
    Thank you!
  • wifeygonzo
    wifeygonzo Posts: 287 Member
    Options

-I am not beyond typos and other silly mistakes! If your miles aren't adding up like they should, send me a message and let me know, and I'll look over the spreadsheet and figure out what is going on. Typically, I just entered the wrong number into the wrong place by accident. I promise not to eat your soul if you point out my mistake ;)

You are hilarious!

Wifeygonzo - Group C!
  • melkadee
    melkadee Posts: 5,598 Member
    Options
    Melkadee, Group A :bigsmile:
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Wow, another great group!!
    Count me in Group C!!

Thanks so much fo taking this on again!!
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    loveme445, Group B
  • jen0728
    Options
    Jen0728, Group A please! Started back on MFP again just today! Need the motivation to help me get through the holiday season without gaining back all the weight I had previously lost. Feel free to friend me anyone who is in the same boat :)
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    I have a question. Do we only count miles that we completed as part of exercise or any distance that we've travelled during the day (to and from school, post office etc). Sorry if you answered this already and I just didn't understand :)

If you are walking or biking to school or the post office, sure, you can count those miles. If you are driving, hehe, not so much. The challenge is intended to push you beyond what you would normally do, so if you normally bike 20 miles over the course of a week, sign up for a goal of 35. However, if your situation is more like you *could* bike 20 miles back and forth doing errands but you need motivation to choose bike over car, sign up for 25 miles.
    Does that make sense?
  • Kimmer2011
    Kimmer2011 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    This was GREAT for me last week! I'd like to be part of the 15 mile group again, but I'm personally going to shoot for 20 miles.
    Got 4.11 today.
  • tiamaria8182
    tiamaria8182 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I would like to join group A. THanks!!
  • betzeross
    betzeross Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I already responded that I would like to challenge myself in Group A, but I have no idea what to do now!
    Do I simply send my miles each day to PlunderBunneh?
    Is there a link that I can connect to in order to see the stats on the spreadsheet?
    I'm sorry I'm so technology challenged!
    Thanks for any help you can give. :embarassed:
  • bethechangeuwant
    bethechangeuwant Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Group C please!
  • gavini
    gavini Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    for those that might not have heard of it before, seems like those in this group might like dailymile.com. it is a good site for tracking your mileage in various workouts and like everything else, it has a social component as well where you add friends and can comment and encourage people about their workouts.