SUPPORT: Quitting smoking while trying not to kill my diet!

Options
2»

Replies

• classycouture
    classycouture Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Well, I made it 24 hours! May not sound much to some, but usually in that time, I smoke an entire pack! Feeling positive today!
  • jendavis07
    Options
    I think you need a good reason to quit, maybe someone in your family has died from lung cancer or you are dating a non smoker...When my boyfriend says he wants to quit, I know he does but he's not ready just yet. I tell him, that's another minute you don't have with me or do activities that don't make him want one. When we're hanging out and other people are smoking, you're more likely to do it also. Just find another hobby or get gum. Psychology talks about oral fixations, maybe if you take one away and replace it with another it could help you. Hope this helps! Good luck!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    That's a good idea! I noticed when I was doing the Insanity DVD's, I actually didn't want to smoke because it was such an intense workout, my body couldn't handle it. I wish I didn't have to give those DVD's back to my cousin :/ Haha!

Take the money you would have spent on cigarettes and put it in a jar. With what those things cost, I bet you'll have enough money for your own set of DVDs before you know it! You can also keep putting that money away and treat yourself to something down the line (mani/pedi, facial, etc.).

This is an awesome idea!

To the OP: Congrats on quitting! It's not easy, but I hope you will find a way to make it work for you.