Running in the Rain

Options
KiyaK
KiyaK Posts: 519 Member
I am not a runner. I have always pretty much hated running. It hurt my lungs, hurt my heart, hurt my legs, arms and shoulders.

Well, this morning I completed week 6, day 2 of the Couch to 5k program. That's two 10 minutes runs at at least 6mph with a 5 minute walk in between at 4mph. It's only 45 degrees outside, and it's raining. And I actually enjoyed it! I thought to myself, "next time it's raining, I'll have to wear a water proof jacket, instead of one that's just water resistant." That's right, I thought "next time," not, "this sucks, I'll never do it again."

I'm seriously SO proud of myself! 2 months ago, I would have looked outside at the rain and thought, "Looks like I'm skipping the run today." But I not only completed it, but actually enjoyed it! Wow, I NEVER thought I'd say that about myself... :happy:

Replies

• Vonnie2006
    Vonnie2006 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    WTG! I envy all runners! Kudos to you for growing a new attitude during this journey~:smooched:
  • SweetAsLemons
    Options
    Good job!!!
  • sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Great job!! I have enjoyed a rainy run before also....it was very....relaxing! Congrats RUNNER!
  • Faintgreeneyes
    Faintgreeneyes Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    My favorite time to run outside is a slighty cool, over-cast, rainy day. I have had some of my fastest runs while it was raining. Great job for you!!! Keep up the good work!
  • Faintgreeneyes
    Faintgreeneyes Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    My favorite time to run outside is a slighty cool, over-cast, rainy day. I have had some of my fastest runs while it was raining. Great job for you!!! Keep up the good work!
  • TexasNana41
    TexasNana41 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! My Week 6 Day 2 run is tomorrow. I completely understand what you're saying. Never thought I would actually look forward to running! I got a hooded shirt just a couple weeks ago so that if it rained my earbuds wouldn't get wet. Maybe we're crazy! Best of luck as you continue running!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!