What an eye opener! Wow!!!

Snwflk09
Snwflk09 Posts: 6
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
I just started yesterday and had an amazing day but today by eating a little less "controlled" I ate 550 calories over.... what the heck. I read a post by a gal who said to be honest and record every thing I put past my lips.....GREAT ADVICE!! I think I know why I have kept 40 lbs on for the past few years.... not paying attention. This site is making me pay attention. I desperately want something sweet but don't want to add to those "extra" calories so I am posting instead... :bigsmile:

Replies

• I just started yesterday and had an amazing day but today by eating a little less "controlled" I ate 550 calories over.... what the heck. I read a post by a gal who said to be honest and record every thing I put past my lips.....GREAT ADVICE!! I think I know why I have kept 40 lbs on for the past few years.... not paying attention. This site is making me pay attention. I desperately want something sweet but don't want to add to those "extra" calories so I am posting instead... :bigsmile:
  • noelleabreese
    noelleabreese Posts: 10 Member
    It's just crazy once you type it all in isn't it? I have only been logging for 3 days and I went over yesterday from BEER! GASP! I won't do that again LOL I bought these Mr Salty 100calorie packs. I forgot about them and didn't have one today but they ROCK and are only 100 cal and sweet and salty! Try those. I am cutting my portions by 2/3rds be measuring. I am shocked and horrified how much food I ate. I lost 2 pounds in 3 days. I have been working out all month though, so I know that helped me.
    We can do this! Slam more water or chew a piece of gum! :flowerforyou:
    N.
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Welcome! This is such a great site - it REALLY makes a difference when we actually pay attention to what we're eating!!!!:grumble: It has made a huge difference for me - and I know it will for you too. There are so many people on this site that have great knowledge and are so willing to share it. It's fantastic:bigsmile: Good luck on your fitness journey!
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Posting is a great way to stay away from the food!:bigsmile: Hard to eat if your fingers are on the keyboard.:wink: Welcome and glad to have you. :flowerforyou: Good Luck!:drinker:

Amy:bigsmile:
    118984.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary

My favorite post for answers:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/23912-links-in-mfp-you-want-to-read-again-and-again
  • rosered51
    rosered51 Posts: 189
    It's true, I made a homemade chicken pot pie...thought it was a healthy alternative, and SLAM when I got to post the ingredients I was HORRIFIED!!!

This really makes you aware of not only your portion size but what you are eating.

I find that being conscious of meeting your water goal, having breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, then dinner, (of course all healthy choices) I am finding it hard to reach my allotted calories because I am not hungry (GASP!). How did that happen?

Good luck on your journey and welcome...this site is AMAZING...I am referring all my friends!
  • bonniejo
    bonniejo Posts: 787 Member
    I like having a starburst when I have a sweet tooth. It's just a little thing, but it's easy to savor. Make sure to keep them on the other side of the room in a drawer behind your roommate though so you don't eat more! :laugh:
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    glad you are enjoying this site! i personally cannot get enough of it. i have been on since 1/5/09 and feel like a totally different person. its kooky, but my MIND has changed and i am ABLE to control what i eat and it is AMAZING. i feel skinnier and even if i am not (i am sure i am but havent measured and wont for a bit) it is a great feeling! i lived off fast food for over 2 years and i honestly do not even want any. and giving up the dr. peppers - well, if i want a treat i work one into my calories.

i am starting to ramble :blushing: my point is, i believe if i feel so differently by becoming committed to myself and with the help of MFP, i think, no, i KNOW we can all do this! :drinker:
  • I love the sugar free pudding.
    and what you said is so true. you dont know just how much is really going in your mouth until you write it down.
  • thanks for the advice I am taking all I can get! :drinker:
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    I learned A LOT about food and what I was actually eating as compared to what I should have been eating when I started logging my food!

What you don't know CAN hurt you!
    :smile:
  • you are right... I was just thinking what can I snack on and I decided to have a bottle of water..
    I dont want to waste all my cals for dinner.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Hello and welcome to MFP. You will love this site, if you don't already. I love it here and find it very supportive, motivational, and very helpful. Everyone here is so nice. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    yeah def makes you double think what you eat.
This discussion has been closed.