Recipes..

Options
what are some good recipes i can make using grilled chicken thats low in cals and sodium..as well as what can i make with ground turkey..and does anyone know how to make turkey fajitas?...is there any healthy pork chops i can buy at the grocery store..im going to kuhns tomorrow..so help me out or suggest me some stuff to buy at the store.. :)

Replies

• ryiko
    ryiko Posts: 76
    Options
    what are some good recipes i can make using grilled chicken thats low in cals and sodium..as well as what can i make with ground turkey..and does anyone know how to make turkey fajitas?...is there any healthy pork chops i can buy at the grocery store..im going to kuhns tomorrow..so help me out or suggest me some stuff to buy at the store.. :)
  • rosered51
    rosered51 Posts: 189
    Options
    try hungrygirl.com they have some great low cal recipes. I tried a broccoli cheddar soup one tonight. YUMMM only 170 cal per serving.

Plus getting a recipe you can adjust the ingredients. Good luck, hope that helps!
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Ground turkey Italian meatloaf- mix turkey with an egg and some whole wheat bread crumbs or oatmeal, Italian seasoning, grated carrots, Bell pepper, onion, Grated zucchini, garlic and onion powders, and 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce(I like chunky veggie kind) then bake for 1 hour at 350 when almost done(at about 45 min) drain any juices collected, top with additional spaghetti sauce and bake the rest of the time. Serve with boiled red potatoes or high fiber pasta, and a nice tossed salad. Yummy!:flowerforyou:

Pork get loin cuts for lower calories and fat.

Fajitas are easy :happy: Cut onions and peppers into strips and grill or sautee with meat. You can add your own seasonings of cumin, onion and garlic powders or you can buy a fajita seasoning but watch sodium and MSG in prepackaged ones.

Grilled chicken is great with mandarin orange segments and a big tossed salad topped with some fat free Italian. Also in whole wheat quesadillas with fat free cheese and grilled peppers and onions.

Amy:bigsmile:
    118984.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary

My favorite post for answers:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/23912-links-in-mfp-you-want-to-read-again-and-again