Best way to cook fish

Options
I'm looking for the best way to cook tilapia that is yummy but also healthy... the only weay i know how to cook it is to smother it in oil and bake it... any help would be loved

Replies

• ibbray04
    ibbray04 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I just season it with whatever I feel like, and bake. No oil, just cooking spray.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    pan seared
  • reinventingandrea
    Options
    What I do with tilapia and other fish is just sprinkle it with Cavendar's Greek Seasoning (the salt free kind) and broil it for about 12 minutes on each side. It's super yummy!
  • NZGeekGirl
    Options
    Depends on what it is but I usually like to season it then steam it.
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    Cover a baking tray with aluminum foil. Place fish on it and pour about one cup of seafood stock (chicken will work if you can't find seafood). Throw in some of your favorite veggies-- broccoli, carrot slices, pepper strips, cauliflower, anything! Even a frozen stir fry mix would work to save time. Sprinkle all with lemon pepper.

Wrap up like a package and bake until fish flakes with a fork. 350deg for 40 minutes or so.
  • alyssamiller77
    alyssamiller77 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    Got a grill? Just about any fish I like to soak both sides in extra virgin olive oil and throw it on the grill. Healthy and tastes great. You can also add other seasonings too if you like. For me though I just enjoy the relatively straight flavor.
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    I pan sear mine. Quick and easy; ready to eat in less than 15-mins.
  • driaxx
    driaxx Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this is weird or not, my mum was sceptical at first - but I lit the charcoal BBQ and cooked my fish on there. My family said it was the best thing they ever tasted, I really recommend it if it's not too much of a hassle to bring out the barbie. All I did was add some juicy lemon on top - delicious!!
  • DivaRenae
    Options
    I usually bake my tilapia, My recipe is simple: Tilapia, lemon pepper seasoning & a dab of butter on top...DELICIOUS, REAL SIMPLE & EASY...no need to spray the pan w/Pam or oil anything, its very good & light. Bake 4 like 15-20 mins & ur good! U can also had wild rice, broccoli & rice, etc....whateva rice u like...& its really delicious w/yams or a baked potato. TRY IT!
  • paulwgun
    paulwgun Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    sheet of aluminium foil rub with butter /olive oil for healthier option sprinkle of sea salt and cracked black pepper some sliced onion if you can get it some sliced fresh fennel fish on top bring the foil up around the fish to form a parcel pour in 6fl oz dry white wine bring edges together and fold to form a seal place on baking sheet in to hot oven for 10 - 15 min
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't need a bunch of oil if you're baking it. A little cooking spray should be fine.

I wrap mine in a few strips of bacon and bake it.
  • Xtina_Beba
    Options
    I grill it with grapeseed oil and pair it with lots of veggies