Unwanted belly

Options
13»

Replies

• HarveySmith123
    Options
    Reasons to Gain Belly Fat in Women can be less physical activity, unbalanced food, more stress and tension, Going on a wrong diet, In between meals or eating at a wrong time, less consumption of water, using unnecessary pills to control your diet causing side effects. Through proper choice of exercise, you can fight developing of fat and instead build muscle tissue. When you start an exercise routine, you should do it regularly in order to obtain positive results.
  • rharris86dc
    rharris86dc Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    why can't we just "deflate" hahha

LOL, I wish we could totally do this!
  • IvoryParchment
    IvoryParchment Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Anyone had experience with those lycra compression garments to reduce belly/butt fat?

I have medical support stockings due to an injury that caused a lot of swelling in one leg, and I had to start wearing them on both legs because the injured one started looking so much better than the normal one. I guess it's like how your wrist gets a dent in it where you always wear your watch. When your skin adds and subtracts fat during the day, it's harder to add to an area that's under external pressure.

I don't know that you could wear something that tight around your abdomen and still breathe, though.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Anyone had experience with those lycra compression garments to reduce belly/butt fat?

I have medical support stockings due to an injury that caused a lot of swelling in one leg, and I had to start wearing them on both legs because the injured one started looking so much better than the normal one. I guess it's like how your wrist gets a dent in it where you always wear your watch. When your skin adds and subtracts fat during the day, it's harder to add to an area that's under external pressure.

I don't know that you could wear something that tight around your abdomen and still breathe, though.
    Sorry, but that's nonsense. The only thing anything like that does for you is water weight related. Not fat. Water weight comes and goes all the time...it's not the important thing to lose.
  • mcjabber
    mcjabber Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    This may not apply, but in regards to bloating being a possible cause of a big belly--could be gluten. I'm fairly sensitive to it, and when I eat it I look like I'm pregnant. I call it wheat belly :laugh: Of course, not everyone has that sensitivity, fortunately! But if you've exhausted other options (drinking water, minimizing sodium) and feel like it's bloat rather than fat, it's something to think about.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce, and spot 'toning' is nowhere near as effective as a full body workout.

Russian twists I think you mean, but most should be able to do them with at least one leg straight.

I don't remember JM saying cardio cardio cardio, I remember her saying how important it is to get three things, cardio, diet and resistance training.
  • drbaska
    drbaska Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Agree with all said! In addiition to your overall fat-burning, be sure to do lots of core work - you want to have a really strong core because when you do get rid of the belly fat, you want that strong definition.

I like doing workout programs that give me core work all the way throughout - I recommend Insanity or TurboFire. Very different types of programs - but both hugelly effective.

I also started drinking Shakeology about 5 months - and much to my surprise - tummy fat disappeared. It helped me rid of the toxins and fat layer that I had been carrying around (on top of hard--won muscle :smile: ).

Let me know if you want more info on those programs - I love them!
  • drbaska
    drbaska Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Agree with all said! In addiition to your overall fat-burning, be sure to do lots of core work - you want to have a really strong core because when you do get rid of the belly fat, you want that strong definition.

I like doing workout programs that give me core work all the way throughout - I recommend Insanity or TurboFire. Very different types of programs - but both hugelly effective.

I also started drinking Shakeology about 5 months - and much to my surprise - tummy fat disappeared. It helped me rid of the toxins and fat layer that I had been carrying around (on top of hard--won muscle :smile: ).

Let me know if you want more info on those programs - I love them!