Any sucess stories from using WW PP & MFP?

Options
Just joined WW since I can't seem to count calories w/ results Im switing things up and going back to WW and incorporating both together. Wanting to know if anyone using WW PP would like to share sucess stories using only the Points Plus program? all of the magazines have in fine writing that those shown who have lost weight used the previous plan so that does not help. I am thankful for mfp for having most of the nutritional data on here for me to keep track of sodium, etc.. but I struggle w/ counting calories but I do well at using points system. Thanks

Replies

• CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    I've seen a lot of threads where people swear by using pregnant women's PP, along with a 500 calorie a day diet -- but I don't buy it.
  • HannahMarieMcDougald
    Options
    I was with WW and found it harder..lol.....POINTS POINTS POINTS....lol.........I like calorie counting for some dumb reason...But you have to admit that this is like WW in away.. I do incorporate some of WW things..But I refuse to pay for it again...
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I had quite a bit of success using the old WW program ... but I gained all of the weight back because I stopped working on my health. I find counting calories to be much easier, more sustainable long-term, and totally free.
  • jonzo21
    jonzo21 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I had success on the old WW program (i used onemorepound.com to calculate point values, i didn't pay for a membership) and I ended up losing like 30lbs. At this time, I wasn't on MPF so I wasn't counting calories or anything. Now I'm trying the calorie thing. If it doesn't work I will go back to counting points (while still logging the foods on MPF) and see what the results will be.
  • newdaynewme
    newdaynewme Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I am just not hearing much about the new program.. counting cals oddly is very difficult for me.. but I love this site
  • newdaynewme
    newdaynewme Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I had success on the old WW program (i used onemorepound.com to calculate point values, i didn't pay for a membership) and I ended up losing like 30lbs. At this time, I wasn't on MPF so I wasn't counting calories or anything. Now I'm trying the calorie thing. If it doesn't work I will go back to counting points (while still logging the foods on MPF) and see what the results will be.

thank u! i will check out the site! awesome reference
  • allie864
    allie864 Posts: 298
    Options
    But you have to admit that this is like WW in away.. I do incorporate some of WW things..But I refuse to pay for it again...
    ^ This.
    I had some success through WW but I was tired of paying for it. Free agrees with me. :) I actually like counting calories more instead of having to get the calculator out to find out how many points this or that is.
  • jonzo21
    jonzo21 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    But you have to admit that this is like WW in away.. I do incorporate some of WW things..But I refuse to pay for it again...
    ^ This.
    I had some success through WW but I was tired of paying for it. Free agrees with me. :) I actually like counting calories more instead of having to get the calculator out to find out how many points this or that is.

check out onemorepound.com , I wasn't going to pay for a membership to WW when I was ify on whether it would work for me or not. This website will calculate your allotted points, give point values for many items at restaurants, and has a calculator for you to input nutrition information to calculate point values yourself. I did this for awhile and lost like 30lbs without paying for anything.

I feel like a spokesperson heh..