What's a Good High Protein Vegetarian Breakfast?

Options
And the catch? I don't like eating eggs (scrambled, omelets, etc.)...

So far I've been eating cottage cheese, peanut butter on whole wheat toast, a protein shake or veggie sausage patties, but I just need more variety!

Any suggestions would be appreciated! :)

Replies

• AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    see my diary...i always eat 500+ calories and 30+ g of protein for breakfast!

oatmeal, eggs, kashi cereal, etc...
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese is wonderful! Try Greek yogurt- it's extremely high in protein! Add nuts or nut butters to your breakfast. Have you tried protein powders? You can add them to oatmeal, bake them into pretty much anything, or make smoothies :D Yum!
  • sdwelk11
    sdwelk11 Posts: 825
    Options
    what about protein shakes?? you could make them like a smoothie..
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    2 scoops of whey powder to your oatmeal and you have a low sugar, high protein sub 400 calorie breakfast.
  • lhanks89
    lhanks89 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese is wonderful! Try Greek yogurt- it's extremely high in protein! Add nuts or nut butters to your breakfast. Have you tried protein powders? You can add them to oatmeal, bake them into pretty much anything, or make smoothies :D Yum!

I'm not very big on yogurt - the texture is just weird to me.
    what about protein shakes?? you could make them like a smoothie..

I forgot to say that I do protein shakes as well already.
  • jill___
    jill___ Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Do you like tofu? If you use tofu to substitute eggs, you can make a pretty good breakfast burrito!!

Tofu "scrambled" with a little cumin or cayenne, or even hot sauce... with black beans, low fat cheese, salsa, and veggies in a wrap.

If you're looking for something sweeter, you can add protein powder to yogurt, oatmeal, cottage cheese... I love cottage cheese with warm apples & cinnamon!
  • goncrazy
    Options
    If you like the idea of protein shakes, you should try ViSalus. I LOVE IT!!! http://halleyoleary.myvi.net
  • lhanks89
    Options
    Do you like tofu? If you use tofu to substitute eggs, you can make a pretty good breakfast burrito!!

Tofu "scrambled" with a little cumin or cayenne, or even hot sauce... with black beans, low fat cheese, salsa, and veggies in a wrap.

If you're looking for something sweeter, you can add protein powder to yogurt, oatmeal, cottage cheese... I love cottage cheese with warm apples & cinnamon!

I have been thinking about doing that for a while, I just wasn't sure about the texture. I like extra firm tofu - would I be able to use that? Because most of the recipes I've seen call for silken tofu.
  • sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal! You could add in protein powder to it or egg whites (can't even taste it!)

Greek yogurt -- with fruit or can use it in a smoothie.

Veggie bacon -- low calories, filling, and good source of protein!

:)
  • pgonzaga123
    Options
    Try tempeh. It's fermented soybeans usually shaped into patties. You can find it at your local health foods stores. I found them at Whole Foods markets. Try one first before you commit to it. I personally like it, but the wife doesn't. Good luck.
  • lhanks89
    Options

Thank you!

Have you tried vegweb.com ? They're great too