-Christmas Cookies Anonymous- [CLOSED group!] Week 1!

Options
tt7851614fltt.gif
tt7851620fltt.gif

So, I start another group. THIS one, however, is guaranteed to stay alive! I promise. :wink:
Anyway! Welcome to Christmas Cookies Anonymous, a weight-loss group dedicated to reaching a personal goal by Christmas. Whether it's the first 10 pounds or the last 20, everyone here gets to pick a healthy goal for Christmas morning. What better present could there be?

Here's a spreadsheet I made to track our progress. It's set up so that anyone with the link can edit, so feel free to add yourself once your "request" to join is approved!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AiIuUBHvP85ldHhtNkhPSlA4clo0YjZpcmtTQkI5cWc

tt7851576fltt.gif
We'll be doing some weekly challenges here, a few per week. They'll start out easy and progressively get harder.
Example: Week one will be something like "Lose 1 pound, burn 1,000 calories, drink at least 6 glasses of water a day, etc."
Week two could be: "Burn at least 1,500 calories, drink at least 7 glasses of water, stay under your calorie goal everyday."
I'll settle week one once we get all of our members! If you have any suggestions for challenges, feel free to post or PM me! It's sometimes hard to come up with all of them. :tongue:

tt7851588fltt.gif
This is NOT required, but I'm hoping it will really help. Every time that I lose a certain amount of weight, I'll buy myself a new shirt. I'm hoping it'll help encourage me to do a bit better, especially if I'm looking better and better in the new shirt every time! Feel free to set up something for yourself, but you don't have to.
You could do anything from get your nails done to seeing a movie...

tt7851599fltt.gif
Our weekly weigh-ins will take place on Fridays. I'm thinking this is a pretty good day, because most people are less likely to mess up during the week. Compared to weekends, anyway. :tongue: You can give me your starting weight when you join, or PM me it, and we'll have our first weigh-in on Friday the 11th!

Woot! Good luck to EVERYONE for our opening week!

Replies

• nakabi
    nakabi Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I just saw this and would love to join even though it says it's closed :( is there any room for me?????? pweeeeeeze
  • Platoonmom2004
    Options
    bump
  • equinehugger3
    equinehugger3 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    How are you all doing?

I've only lost half a pound ( :noway: ) and we've only got two days left until weigh-in! Hope you're all doing better than I. :wink: Great job surviving this week!
  • olnsar
    olnsar Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I too have only lost half a pound. I could probably have lost more if I gave up my nightly glass of wine... but I refuse :) I am also not getting a ton of exercise because I injured myself - I made the great mistake of playing Wii (ie. running and dancing indoors) on a concrete floor, and now my ankles are killing me. My husband (a runner) tells me I've probably got tendonitis and told me to take Aleve twice a day, which I am doing - and which I think is also keeping me from losing more. Has anyone else experienced painkiller-related slowdown?
    Whine whine. Sorry. I am new to this site and appreciate the camaraderie of others on this weight-loss path - while my husband is supportive, he cannot relate to too-tight jeans because he is a Slim Jim!
  • Platoonmom2004
    Options
    Are we just posting our own weight on the spreadsheet? I hope so cuz that is what I did!! LOL

Hope everyone is doing well, my eating was not so great ths week but I still stayed under my calories. Plus now I joined the GYM so hopefully that will help. My issue is trying to drink enough water, when I am working. On my days off I do fine, but where I work we can not have water and our bathroom breaks are limited so it kinda sucks!!
  • equinehugger3
    equinehugger3 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Great job, guys! :happy: I actually lost a pound. :tongue: Sorry for my absence, I was sick. I'll come up with some challenges this week!