Scary moment that morphed into an NSV

Options
Last year my in-laws bought me a nice garnet ring for Christmas (garnet is my birthstone). It's a half or whole size bigger than my engagement and wedding rings, but I think that was the only size they could find. It still fit me OK at the time (a smidge on the loose side), so I started wearing it all the time.

Well, last night I was in the kitchen cleaning up after getting the cats' dinner ready (it's quite a process as we have high-maintenance furballs who need meds). For some reason I must have been flinging my right hand around in my cleaning efforts, and somehow launched my ring into the garbage disposal.

Well, *almost* in the garbage disposal. It stopped to rest right in the middle of rubber fringe-thingy that kind of covers the drain (yes, that's the proper terminology for it! :laugh:)
After taking several deep breaths, I used a fork and a finger to ever-so-gently retrieve the wayward ring. Whew! (Yes, I know I probably could have fished it out of the disposal if it had fallen in, but who wants to mess with that?)

After a few more deep breaths to get my heart rate down from, like, 200 bpm (hey ... I should have logged that cardio! :wink:), I promptly put the ring away and pledged to have it resized in the coming weeks, so it will stay on my not-so-chubby fingers anymore! Yay! :happy:

Replies

• SuddenlyPickles
    Options
    Ha! Great story -- enjoy those skinny fingers :)
  • kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    Whew! I bet that was a relief. And what a nice NSV! I've noticed my rings getting looser, too. I have my grandmother's diamond band and another diamond ring I bought at Jared. Thankfully, the Jared one has a plan I bought that gives me lifetime sizing. My grandmother's ring, though, is a different story. When it starts getting to the point where it might slip off, I'll get it sized down. Right now they are both just rotating on my fingers constantly (annoying, but no danger of losing them yet).

Congrats on your NSV!
  • Ephena
    Ephena Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Great story! Congrats on needing the ring re-sized.
  • picinina
    Options
    This was a very enjoyable read. Congrats! :)
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    Great story Ann! I am so glad you didn't lose it, whew! YAY you! :happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!