I gained back 15 of the 28 that I lost... need support.

I was doing so well! I had lost almost 30 lbs, was under the 200 mark, and was feeling so good about myself. I didn't get off track intentionally or because I was tired of logging or that I even wanted a break. It's partly because I made the mistake of taking a Chem course over the summer semester along with Psych. Before I knew it, pretty much every free moment that I had, I was studying chemistry. I realize though, no matter how busy my school schedule or my home schedule gets, if I don't find somewhere to fit in exercise and stop eating the thing that I know are the reason for why I look the way I look, I'm never going to change what I see in the mirror.

I am determined to do this. I know I can. I know that sometimes I do need support though.

Replies

• santini1975
    santini1975 Posts: 175 Member
    Of course you can do it! Don't get it stuck in your head that you have to work out at a certain time, and once that time passes, your chance is gone. It has actually helped me lose weight faster lately now that I work out at random times (my body doesn't know when to expect it - muahahaha!)
    A secret I've learned is that when I crave sweets, eat a green apple. Kills the craving instantly :)
  • CatchMom11
    CatchMom11 Posts: 462 Member
    Of course you can do it! Don't get it stuck in your head that you have to work out at a certain time, and once that time passes, your chance is gone. It has actually helped me lose weight faster lately now that I work out at random times (my body doesn't know when to expect it - muahahaha!)
    A secret I've learned is that when I crave sweets, eat a green apple. Kills the craving instantly :)

One thing that wasn't helping me was that I was smoking. After having been a non-smoker for 5+ years, I started smoking again last December. Combined with my busy schedule, I also found it hard to work out because I had to "schedule" it around smoking. I couldn't smoke a cigarette and then go to the gym. So I quit. Something inside me clicked and I realized that worse than eating bad, was me smoking.

I agree though. Variety is better. Sweets, believe it or not, aren't usually my problem. It's preparing a meal for my family and then having to prepare one for me. I'm going to try cooking in bulk. That way all I have to do is reheat something. I've been told that's what a lot of body builders do so.... we'll see.

Love the evil laugh btw!