How many calories do you burn telling someone off? :)

Options
kaetra
kaetra Posts: 442 Member
My dog and I were just out for our daily walk. There are no sidewalks on either side directly in front of my house, and there were cars coming in both directions so I stopped because I needed to cross the street to get to my house.

Normally since it is a completely residential neighborhood people will stop for pedestrians, especially since there is no sidewalk and no shoulder. Well, the lady who was driving on the side of the street I was standing on slows down and starts honking her horn at me like a maniac! I just couldn't believe it! She wanted me to get out of her way, I guess jump in the ditch or maybe in front of the oncoming car or something. Then she came to a complete stop and KEPT HONKING!

So I gave her the bird and screamed at her to KISS MY A**. She rolled her window down and boy did I let her have it! Ripped her a new one!

I'm thinking of logging 100 calories burned for "Telling Off Some Jerk". :devil:

Replies

• beautifulnovember
    Options
    Sounds heated. Maybe log another 100. LOL
  • groomchick
    groomchick Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I would log it like a fast sprint!!
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    Haha, I love it!
    Some people have no class. People who can't control their horn use should have it rigged so they get shocked every time they press it; that way, they'll think about whether or not it's REALLY necessary.

Way to be assertive :D
  • kristilovescake
    kristilovescake Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    You're awesome!

But you probably did burn some calories from getting your HR up :explode:

Hopefully she'll learn from it and not be a d*ck to pedestrians in a residential neighborhood!
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Too bad you were walking your dog and not a pet monkey...Poop throwing would have been expected
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    I'll take Road Rage for 500 calories, Alex!
  • cabaray
    cabaray Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    If telling people off burned calories, I wouldn't be on here.
  • lindalou4850
    lindalou4850 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I'm sure you got you adrenilin up on that one. There are a lot of A holes in this world.
  • moniquelessard
    Options
    adrenaline and increased BP and HR = AT LEAST 100 cals. xx
  • sunshine__angel
    sunshine__angel Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    It always feels awesome to put someone in their place when they deserve it. I bet you did burn quite a lot of calories! Good for you! :)
  • Mybabie
    Mybabie Posts: 239
    Options
    Some people can be such jerks. My husband and I were at our cable provider and there was one guy working. So some customer way behind me yells at him to get help that he was not getting paid to stand in line. I felt like saying there is more thing in life to worry about other then standing in line. I can't stand when people get upset for having to wait. Ever heard of patience. :smile:
  • kaetra
    kaetra Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Too bad you were walking your dog and not a pet monkey...Poop throwing would have been expected

Oh MAN! I totally had a giant sack of crap right in my hand from the dog! Talk about a missed opportunity! DOH! I'm an idiot!

• sandrinamsilva
    sandrinamsilva Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    At least worth a glass of wine in Calories!
  • DivaRenae
    Options
    ROTFLMBO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes u def burned about 50 calories!!!
  • mwilke
    mwilke Posts: 378 Member
    Options

That is hilarious!!!
  • daydream58
    daydream58 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    If telling people off burned calories, I wouldn't be on here.

THIS! LOL
  • pnieuw
    pnieuw Posts: 473
    Options
    100 calories for you, and 10 for me for the good laugh from reading everyone's comments. I feel your pain and I'm glad you gave it to them with both barrels.

And yes, another couple for flinging the pool would have been good!
  • countrydarling1
    countrydarling1 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    HORN BLOWS, DOES THE DRIVER! BAHAHAHAHAHA! yOU GO GIRL! TELL HER LIKE IT IS!
  • LisaMariaCallow
    Options
    LMAO!! I'd say you burned at least 100 calories!! People can be such *kitten*!! :mad: I ran out of gas once and as I was coasting into a parking lot some woman in a minivan blew her horn at me!! :noway: I got out of my car and screamed across 2 lanes of oncoming traffic "Are you freaking kidding me? How about you get in MY car & try to start it & I'll get in yours & lay on the horn?!!"

Thankfully most people aren't douche bags!! Friend me if you need a buddy!! :happy:
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    I hate people like that! This happens to me all the time. Luckily, I have a very mean evil eye (makes grown men look at the ground). ^_^ Today someone was trying to sneak past me when I was on my bike...but in a, "Sure I might hit you buuuut" kind of way. I slowed way down and stared at him for a good few seconds. I could see the the fear in his eyes XD Then I rode off :D

I don't have the guts to actually cuss someone out though, but I think that is awesome how you went about :D