Anyone else here HATE tracking your food?

Options

Replies

• bens_mommy
    Options
    I don't even think about it anymore FOOD=MFP. I feel weird if I eat something and can't log it (like at work). I put it on a sticky note and put it in my pocket- it is the first thing I do when I get home as LOG and catch up on people's day

I'm the same way! Although instead of a sticky note, I email my self via text message. I freak out when I can't log!
  • westcoastSW
    westcoastSW Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I'm with you -- HATE tracking. But I also hate being overweight, out of shape, and at risk of health problems. Lesser of two evils I suppose?
  • rmwinters
    rmwinters Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I stopped logging in and gained 13 lbs. I worked hard all summer to lose that weight too!
  • KokomoJoe
    Options
    I made some hot and sour soup the other day. I entered the recipe into the recipe calculator and had my bowl. I was shocked to see I had a days worth of sodium in that one bowl. It is little things like that that make tracking so useful.
  • rubystemkowski
    rubystemkowski Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi I have joined weight watchers on and off so many times, and I hate tracking food as well. I think that is why I keep quiting. I joined this web site today on advice of a family member and I like it so far. I don't know if it is becasue it is something different, or if it becasue It seems more personable that ww, or that I can see that I am not the only one that struggles with tracking. Nonetheless, it is true what evryone is saying fo far, if you stop tracking it is so easy to gain the weight back. I just get so frustrated becasue I feel like I do not want to track for the rest of my life. Perhaps if I get used to it and form a habit I might eventually like tracking. best of luck to all in your weight loss journey and happy tracking!!!
    :ohwell:
  • Multistyles
    Options
    Are you kidding...that's why the MFP gods created our phone app...can't do much else on it but track! If you're not going to track, there really is little point of being here.

I must say...this site offers me(personally) ALOT more than food tracking...i guess i depends on how people utilize it :)
    Me too i made a lot of great friends on here who are very motivational
  • FAVOLOSOMII
    FAVOLOSOMII Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm.
  • Multistyles
    Options
    I eat pretty much the same foods daily do i know how much i eat without tracking. So i track when i eat something not on my usual list
  • rebecca_lc28
    rebecca_lc28 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    i love and NEED to track my food because it keeps me in line.. i even track my food a few days in advance :D
  • ctalimenti
    ctalimenti Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Tracking keeps you accountable but I don't like it either. When I stopped tracking for the summer, I gained 8 lbs.
  • dannylives3
    dannylives3 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'm with you -- HATE tracking. But I also hate being overweight, out of shape, and at risk of health problems. Lesser of two evils I suppose?

This response stuck out! AAAhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • lupa01
    lupa01 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Are you kidding...that's why the MFP gods created our phone app...can't do much else on it but track! If you're not going to track, there really is little point of being here.

Exactly!!
  • Vivian_Phoenix
    Options
    I hate it, at some point I'll start back up again, but so far so good without it.
    I just have to eat clean and not eat too much!
  • Vivian_Phoenix
    Options

What I find most valuable here is the community. I can track my calories on a piece of paper if I really wanted to.
    But having a support group of like minded people is priceless and cannot be replicated.
    That is what separates this site from many others IMO, the community here is so active and down to earth :). I also like that it broadcasts the weight loss of other people on their page/tickers, and you can use it like twitter with little tweets about your day, and comment on other's tweets. Also I love that there is a blog here as well..., and you can read other peoples blogs and participate in a forum.

With all of that combined, and although I see the advantage of counting calories, Those other features far outweigh a caloric intake tracker.
  • Vivian_Phoenix
    Options
    Tracking is useful though, It is 100% awareness and accountability.
  • stephabef
    stephabef Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I... really love it. There's something about the structure of it. Usually, I HATE structure, but I love it when it comes to fitness/healthy eating/sleep scheduling.
  • karlawithak
    Options
    I used to belong to a weight loss group and they have a motto "IF you bite it, write it!!!" I used to think I can keep track in my head but it is so much easier to log....and using the mobile app is awesome, I really like being able to scan foods when you eat something with a bar code on it....of course it is still new to me, I like new things!!!!

Best of luck to all and WE GOT THIS!!!!!! :happy:
  • chris77777
    Options
    just eat the same thing (within reason) over and over.
    save them under meals, then its a two button press to track the 'meal'

i love tracking, i know exactly what ive taken in and expended, its working.
  • dannylives3
    dannylives3 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Thanks ya'll!
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    I used to do it but it got old. I'm not losing any weight now though. I wonder why!

b/c you have no self discipline and lack motivation? Track your food.