Staggering across the overweight line.

Options
Hi, I'm 22 years old. I have never been "fit," or athletic. And exercising has never been fun or easy for me. However, it is becoming more and more clear that I have to learn to like it. Ever since I left college I feel totally fat and lazy. I just graduated in May and have been doing a computer/desk job for 40hrs/week since July.

I am 5'2" and 145 lbs. staggering back and forth on the border between "overweight", and "normal"according to BMI.
When I started college I was 125. My goal is to get back to that and to STAY there [or lose more :) ]

I just started the 30 Day Shred. I'm on day 2. My body is sore but I have been reading forum posts from others who did it to stay motivated. I don't count calories, but overall my diet is pretty healthy I would say. I love raw fruits and veggies, and the only meat I eat is usually lean. I attempted the 17 day diet but decided it wasn't for me. It did however teach me a lot about making better food choices!

I've never been into fitness, but I'm trying to make a lifestyle choice here. I'm staggering between normal and overweight, and I know I'm ready to make a change now.

Replies

• McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    Try counting your calories. Works like a charm. :)
  • maryroseclare
    Options
    I agree, start counting every calorie, it's very effective and eye opening. It will help you make the right food choices over time. Do you have a smart phone - myfitnesspal's free app is the best tool I've ever used. I track food and exercise throughout the day and always know where I'm at.
  • trslyn
    trslyn Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    thanks girls... i will start doing that. I never really thought I had to because I feel like I eat healthy-ish, but I'm sure it will be eye opening if i calculate every little thing.

off to download that app.... thanks!
  • nina4w
    nina4w Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    If you don't like exercising, try really long walks! It's a great way to burn calories. Also, I agree with everyone else, it's important to start counting calories.
  • dexter11233
    dexter11233 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You're already on the right track, use this website and the people here, they all seem very supportive! Best of luck to you, and I hope you stay in that "normal" line. :D
  • trslyn
    trslyn Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Great idea, walking is totally a manageable thing for me :)
    I'm doing the 30 Day Shred. So far I actually am enjoying it (despite my whole body being sore).
    I'm trying to like exercise.... I know I just have to find the right one for me!

another BIG motivator, is starting in 2012 my company is going to start paying for 50% of my gym membership!
    I'm thinking of joining Curves, I hear that it's really easy to stay on track there because it's in and out in 30 minutes. It is also just a few minutes from my workplace so i can pop in before work!
  • TimetoLose_
    Options
    Feel free to add me! We can all use some motivation to get fit =]