how to stop yo-yo craziness

Options
HEY!
I lost 30 lbs with MFP and have about 10 more to go!

BUT, I have been gaining and losing the last 5 to 10 lbs. for the past 3 months or so.

I know exactly what I'm doing wrong.. self sabotage. I get close to my goal and then freak out and don't want to log my foods aka eat not-so-great. It's like I subconsciously don't want to reach my goal! WTF?

I know it's all a mentality struggle (with me anyways!) but how to get past it?
does anyone else do this?

Replies

• sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    YES! Me, too!!!
  • mynameiscarrie
    mynameiscarrie Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    i increased my calories and stopped eating back all my exercise calories. i usually net around 1000 and on the days i don't workout i eat all my calories. it busted my plateau and i'm losing about .5 pounds a week like my goal says...
  • mynameiscarrie
    mynameiscarrie Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    feel free to look at my diary :)
  • sarah307
    sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    thanks!
  • ProudDaddy
    ProudDaddy Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Its mostly mental...For me anyway..eating while watching tv..cause i have nothing else to do...Good luck to you :smile:
  • sarah307
    sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    ^^^^ yes! I know it is just in my head !! But I get really busy and don't pay attention to what i eat is what i am doing!
  • LixxiKitti
    Options
    jillian michaels talks about this in a podcast, will just find out which one it is and get back to you... :) from what i remember its all mental...ie. what are you gaining by not reaching your goal (not that i can talk about any of this, btw, because i'm the worst for this, but just saying what jillian said in the podcast!) :)
  • Vegan_Chick
    Vegan_Chick Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    There are books out there that help you with the mental psychology of dieting and the subconscious mind. I am readin Tom Venuto's book The Body Fat Solution which helps with these types of issues. I highly recommend it! There is also a book written by a psychologist about dieting call The Beck Diet Solution: Train Your Brain to Think Like a Thi Person by Judith Beck. They are both good reads!
  • zyarnykh
    zyarnykh Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    At least your guys are losing/have lost weight! I have been on MFP since February, but I cannot seem to stick to my goal 1200 calories per day....And even if I lose 2 lbs, they come back the next day. I am 134 as of today, and it seems like I will never reach my goal of 115.