Earth quakes AND tornadoes! At. THE. SAME. TIME!

Options
CLC900709
CLC900709 Posts: 49 Member
Welcome to Oklafornia! (I have decided to rename Oklahoma)
Anyone else around here enjoying this madness?!

Replies

• Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah! Felt the one tonight. Glad the tornadoes haven't gotten to the OKC area. It's crazy!
  • CLC900709
    Options
    and by ENJOYING I don't mean ENJOYING...I mean fearing for your life! HAHA
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Options
    So what part of Okla do you live in? Could you feel the quake tonight?

I think that's enough. Now we know what it feels like so we don't need anymore.
  • SunshineKisses_2012
    Options
    I didn't feel the earthquake because I'm from California and in order for me to take notice a building or ten have to be knocked down in order for me to take notice. The tornadoes....not a fan. Even the alerts/warnings kinda freak me out. I'm with you!
  • smily_001
    smily_001 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I grew up in Oklahoma and only moved away about 6 years ago.. I cannot believe what all is going on their right now.. Everyone be safe..
  • lucylue21
    Options
    i use to be an okley! and my mom was terrified of tornadoes. guess who grew up in a dark storm shelter!
  • CLC900709
    Options
    Oh yeah! Felt the one tonight. Glad the tornadoes haven't gotten to the OKC area. It's crazy!
    Me too! I'm out near luther/wellston area though and they ALWAYS jump right over us. but still...with this weather lately it's scary! Usually im outside watching the storms looking for it. but after these past few days of quakes...NO WAY!
  • CLC900709
    Options
    So what part of Okla do you live in? Could you feel the quake tonight?

I think that's enough. Now we know what it feels like so we don't need anymore.
    I felt last nights and tonights. I didn't feel the 2am one on saturday though my in laws who were staying with felt it and was freaking out- i slept right through that. I agree- no more! one- ok thats kinda neat. but multiple?? it gets scary
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    Definitely felt the one tonight!!
    :laugh: We have had Floods, Droughts, Wildfires, Tornados Blizzards, Ice Storms, etc.
    :tongue: When will they discover we also have VOLCANOS!?!
  • CLC900709
    Options
    i use to be an okley! and my mom was terrified of tornadoes. guess who grew up in a dark storm shelter!
    that sucks! weve never gone to the storm shelter- we always run outside!
    I was in Joplin visiting family a few months ago when that huge tornado ran through, destroying everything. and we were all standing outside with the camera! lol!!!
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Options
    :laugh: We have had Floods, Droughts, Wildfires, Tornados Blizzards, Ice Storms, etc.

I sure hope that's not next on the wierd happenings in OK agenda!

Enough already!
  • CLC900709
    Options
    RIGHT?! I've been wondering that too! It would complete the cycle, wouldnt it!!?? LOL! don't forget the record high extreme heat for 70+ whatever days in a row it was!
  • kimmiebear70
    kimmiebear70 Posts: 384 Member
    Options

Just one more crazy thing about Oklahoma "weather".
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Options
    RIGHT?! I've been wondering that too! It would complete the cycle, wouldnt it!!?? LOL! don't forget the record high extreme heat for 70+ whatever days in a row it was!

I was so happy when it cooled off a bit. But really, aren't we supposed to have tornadoes in the spring?
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Options
    I like this thread! Nice to meet some fellow Okies and some former Okies!
  • CLC900709
    Options
    Off topic from the weather, but since there are so many okies on here...who has heard of Harlow Wilcox and the Okies and/or Groovy Grubworm?
  • hummingbirdhill
    Options
    We live in NW AR and we've felt the OK tremors, too.
  • hummingbirdhill
    Options
    Oh my gosh... He is a favorite of ours. Too bad his life and career were cut short by a heart attack!!!
  • CLC900709
    Options

I was so happy when it cooled off a bit. But really, aren't we supposed to have tornadoes in the spring?
    I can never remember if spring or fall is "tornado season". but after all that snow and cold weather we had at the beginning of the year, then the 100+ degree weather for months on end, i didnt think it was ever going to get cold again! I was expecting a warm winter! haha
  • CLC900709
    Options
    Oh my gosh... He is a favorite of ours. Too bad his life and career were cut short by a heart attack!!!
    That's my grandfather! :smile: