Saludos from Puerto Rico!

Options
Hi All!

My name is Holly and I've been on MFP for a few days now. My dad inspired me to sign up after I learned he had lost nearly 20 pounds using the tools and resources provided by this website. I had used a different program in the past to track my calories and exercise, but it didn't include the personal connection/communication/encouragement that MFP does. I know it is that community of people on a similar journey as mine that will be a catalyst to help make 'this time' be a success!

I have over 100 pounds to lose to reach my goal and that seems like a gigantic number to me when I can only take off a pound or two one week at a time. But I've already been inspired by so many of you that have done that hard work and succeeded!

My biggest goals as I start out is to replace the 'no nutritional content' food I've been eating with natural nutritious food choices AND to incorporate daily vigorous exercise. This second goal is a bit harder and I'd welcome any suggestions...here's my challenge...I've just moved to Puerto Rico 3 months ago with my family. I speak Spanish pretty fluently, but not perfectly. The area where we live is not conducive for walking because there are no sidewalks and the road is busy and dangerous. That cuts out the biking option too. My schedule and budget doesn't allow for a gym membership. We don't own a TV, but we do have a membership to Netflix, so I was thinking of checking out if they had workout videos that I could play on my laptop. We also live near a swimming beach, so I want to look into getting into swimming laps in the ocean. We have about a 1/2 acre yard...I'm open to suggestions!

I welcome new friends too...I'd love to be encouraged and inspired along this journey and hope to encourage and inspire others too!

Thanks,

Holly

Replies

• Nady9
    Nady9 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi! Welcome to MFP! I believe is a wonderful and motivating tool...to top it all, the community is great as well!
    I lived in Puerto Rico for 11 years and simply adore the island!
  • mnmeadows
    Options
    Aside from checking out exercise videos from netflix, you can find free exercise videos online, even on Hulu. That way you don't have to use up a Netflix DVD with the exercise one and you can get a fun Netflix video as a reward for keeping on the healthy track! P.S. Love you sis!
  • lismerie
    lismerie Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Welcome to PR! :smile: