Parasites

Options

Replies

• woou
    woou Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Hahaha! My mom told me that when HER mother was young, they had a "weight loss pill" they could take. You take the green pill to start the weight loss & take the red pill when you reached the weight you wanted. The green pill was a tape worm. The red pill killed it.

Disgusting!!

:frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown:
  • Rain_Howard
    Options
    I had a teacher in grade school (oh so many years ago) who told us all a lovely story one day about her desire to lose weight in the early 60's. She ordered a diet pill that contained a tape worm. didn't seem like a bad idea at the time. From what I've researched this was quite a common practice for a very long time.

She lost the weight, rather quickly in fact. But for some reason not known to her at the time she started to grow a belly, looking almost pregnant (she had pictures to go with the story). She then started to notice that her bowel movements became very rare and after a few months she developed a tickle in the back of her throat that wouldn't go away.

With all of this going on she decided a trip to the docs office would be prudent. The doctor told her that the reason she looked pregnant was that the worm had grown long enough to fill her intestines and the tickle she was feeling in the back of her throat was the worm working it's way up and out. Now, not being one to take stories at face value, I have researches this over the years and found this all to be quite possible.

So, after receiving this lovely information my poor naive teacher asked the doc what could be done. She then explained the anatomy of a tape work to us. The fact that it grows in sections and each section, if detached, will grow a new worm. It also grows from both ends. In order to completely remove the worm it must be killed and purged completely as to not regrow. At that point in time this required drinking poison, enough to kill the work without killing the host. Once the poison was consumed a set amount of time passed before the host was given something to induce vomiting. The entire worm had to be purged without interruption or there was a risk of it surviving and starting all over again.

So, hey, go for it. Chow down. I'm sure the procedure for removal has improved over the years.
  • Rain_Howard
    Options
    Did anyone else see the "Parasite Cleanse" Google Ad when they clicked on this post LOL

Yeah the ads are tailored to key words from the posts. It's pretty funny if you start paying attention in various topics. I'm also seeing adverts for Dog Worm Prevention and Slim Fast. Great combo. LOL

I don't see adds. I love technology.
  • LaSutopia
    LaSutopia Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I really get peeved when I hear all these "quick fix" ideas and solutions to weight loss...like the other day I saw an infomercial on tv about a "belt" you wear for 10 min a day with some sort of cream and it burns the ab fat and is like a tummy tuck....Ok I could see this if you put in all the hard work of changing your life style and getting healthy and then you just had this little ab fat that would not go away and you tried it out....saying it works, I don't see anything wrong with that. BUT what I have a problem with is all this crap that people do to loss weight WITHOUT having to change their lifestyle....That is what this belt advertised..."eat whatever you want., change nothing, and lost the fat!" Forget if it works or not....WHY do people want to continue being UNHEALTHY! They don't like the results that eating unhealthy gives them but they don't wanna give it up so they look for some magic pill, belt or worm to make he fat go away while they can keep stuffin their faces with cookies and icecream all they want! It is disgusting!!
    UNDERSTAND I am NOT talking about the people that DO change their lifestyle and eating habits and lose the weight the right, healthy way and work hard on it for weeks, months, years...but still need a little help either with skin removal or that little bit of stubborn fat that just wont go away. We can do all the work and still not end up with a shape we like and need a little help...THAT is not what I am talking about and THAT I agree with.....I'm sorry for the rant...this just reminded me of that stupid infomercial and all the things I have seen and heard advertised to make you lose weight "without changing your lifestyle or eating habits"!......But seriously even if you are workin hard and not getting all that fat off....there are other things to do than infecting yourself!

and above all, being healthy takes time! I have thought to myself many times that I wish I could just get it all taken off instantly! I already have a skinny persons mindset now i just want it to go away on the outside! But honestly if it was that easy then would people really get healthy and eat right? If they could just snap their fingers and take all the weight off? I believe we are able to stay healthy once we get where we wanna be cause we had to fight like hell to get there! Or we know we would have to fight like hell to get back to healthy and in shape (if we are already there).
  • kelley_lynn
    kelley_lynn Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    just goes... eeewwwwwwww
  • Rain_Howard
    Options
    I really get peeved when I hear all these "quick fix" ideas and solutions to weight loss...like the other day I saw an infomercial on tv about a "belt" you wear for 10 min a day with some sort of cream and it burns the ab fat and is like a tummy tuck....Ok I could see this if you put in all the hard work of changing your life style and getting healthy and then you just had this little ab fat that would not go away and you tried it out....saying it works, I don't see anything wrong with that. BUT what I have a problem with is all this crap that people do to loss weight WITHOUT having to change their lifestyle....That is what this belt advertised..."eat whatever you want., change nothing, and lost the fat!" Forget if it works or not....WHY do people want to continue being UNHEALTHY! They don't like the results that eating unhealthy gives them but they don't wanna give it up so they look for some magic pill, belt or worm to make he fat go away while they can keep stuffin their faces with cookies and icecream all they want! It is disgusting!!
    UNDERSTAND I am NOT talking about the people that DO change their lifestyle and eating habits and lose the weight the right, healthy way and work hard on it for weeks, months, years...but still need a little help either with skin removal or that little bit of stubborn fat that just wont go away. We can do all the work and still not end up with a shape we like and need a little help...THAT is not what I am talking about and THAT I agree with.....I'm sorry for the rant...this just reminded me of that stupid infomercial and all the things I have seen and heard advertised to make you lose weight "without changing your lifestyle or eating habits"!......But seriously even if you are workin hard and not getting all that fat off....there are other things to do than infecting yourself!

and above all, being healthy takes time! I have thought to myself many times that I wish I could just get it all taken off instantly! I already have a skinny persons mindset now i just want it to go away on the outside! But honestly if it was that easy then would people really get healthy and eat right? If they could just snap their fingers and take all the weight off? I believe we are able to stay healthy once we get where we wanna be cause we had to fight like hell to get there! Or we know we would have to fight like hell to get back to healthy and in shape (if we are already there).

Exactly!
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    The negative repercussions from having a tapeworm inside you probably significantly outweigh those from being overweight. Besides that - those things are painful (I've heard) once they get to a certain size. Then they start laying eggs inside you and those can potentially spread out all over your body. Just makes me think of that episode of House where that kindergarten teacher had a tapeworm in her brain, among other places.
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    I had a teacher in grade school (oh so many years ago) who told us all a lovely story one day about her desire to lose weight in the early 60's. She ordered a diet pill that contained a tape worm. didn't seem like a bad idea at the time. From what I've researched this was quite a common practice for a very long time.

She lost the weight, rather quickly in fact. But for some reason not known to her at the time she started to grow a belly, looking almost pregnant (she had pictures to go with the story). She then started to notice that her bowel movements became very rare and after a few months she developed a tickle in the back of her throat that wouldn't go away.

With all of this going on she decided a trip to the docs office would be prudent. The doctor told her that the reason she looked pregnant was that the worm had grown long enough to fill her intestines and the tickle she was feeling in the back of her throat was the worm working it's way up and out. Now, not being one to take stories at face value, I have researches this over the years and found this all to be quite possible.

So, after receiving this lovely information my poor naive teacher asked the doc what could be done. She then explained the anatomy of a tape work to us. The fact that it grows in sections and each section, if detached, will grow a new worm. It also grows from both ends. In order to completely remove the worm it must be killed and purged completely as to not regrow. At that point in time this required drinking poison, enough to kill the work without killing the host. Once the poison was consumed a set amount of time passed before the host was given something to induce vomiting. The entire worm had to be purged without interruption or there was a risk of it surviving and starting all over again.

So, hey, go for it. Chow down. I'm sure the procedure for removal has improved over the years.

Dear God... that made me puke a little... DX
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    tasty_tapeworms_clear_bac_natures_diet_pill_skateboard-p186737969316633116z7ld4_400.jpg
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    So, from what I can tell, if you are going to ingest something that will give you the runs and interfere with calorie absorption, you should stick with Alli.
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I've been using the tapeworm protocol for 5 weeks now, and have dropped 33 pounds.
    That is truly disgusting. I hope you're joking.
    No need to be snarky and judgmental.
    Uhhh, okay dude. You're putting a freaking WORM inside your body to lose weight. It is eating all of the nutrients that your body should be absorbing. It is not healthy. Yuck.

I believe the word is desperation.
    To each his own. Checked with the doc, and I'm healthy as a horse.
    Your doctor condones the use of a worm you obtained from Guatemala for weight loss????
    He checked me out, did blood work, and I'm fine. Do you know how many are walking around with parasites, and have no idea?

Ah, so your doc doesn't know. Got it.

And while I'm sure some people do walk around with some form of parasite, I'm pretty sure if they KNEW, they would not opt to keep the nasty thing inside them on purpose.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    So, from what I can tell, if you are going to ingest something that will give you the runs and interfere with calorie absorption, you should stick with Alli.

Poop.jpg
  • mandylooo
    mandylooo Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    The negative repercussions from having a tapeworm inside you probably significantly outweigh those from being overweight. Besides that - those things are painful (I've heard) once they get to a certain size. Then they start laying eggs inside you and those can potentially spread out all over your body. Just makes me think of that episode of House where that kindergarten teacher had a tapeworm in her brain, among other places.

Not quite true. The bovine tape worm won't give you any serious repercussions, the porcine one can spread to other parts of your body. I had a scare after coming back from Thailand, and I have to tell you, the first thing I'd do if I thought it was real would be to get treated.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    I've been using the tapeworm protocol for 5 weeks now, and have dropped 33 pounds.
    Uhhh, okay dude. You're putting a freaking WORM inside your body to lose weight. It is eating all of the nutrients that your body should be absorbing. It is not healthy. Yuck.

I believe the word is desperation.
    To each his own. Checked with the doc, and I'm healthy as a horse.
    Your doctor condones the use of a worm you obtained from Guatemala for weight loss????
    He checked me out, did blood work, and I'm fine. Do you know how many are walking around with parasites, and have no idea?
    Ah, so your doc doesn't know. Got it.

And while I'm sure some people do walk around with some form of parasite, I'm pretty sure if they KNEW, they would not opt to keep the nasty thing inside them on purpose.
    I didn't say that my doc didn't know.
  • Rain_Howard
    Options

Dear God... that made me puke a little... DX

Imagine how we felt. That was 30 years ago and I still remember the conversation word for word.
  • lilredq
    lilredq Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I actually had one that made me fat---ter... it took all the great nutrients I was eating and my body was stuck with the rest... not so stellar parts of my meals.

it sucks

As for alli! its AWESOME especially if you let yourself down by submitting to your worst cravings! I never had issues with Alli outside of normal potty time. Charmin Wipes are your best friend (Always also has individually packaged wipes that would fit in your wallet just as well as a condom

My feeling--- if there is something out there to help me NOT absorb a little fat in my already restricted diet---- that would otherwise equal more work for me to get off---I'll do it! Then maybe I can burn more of the fat I store than the fat I eat!
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't want to do anything that would make me scoot my bum across the carpet.

hemm that is usually cause by overly full anal glands, you don't have any

Uh, it's also caused when a dog has worms hanging out of its butt.

most often anal glands , trust me i have expressed enough.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    Just checked on the thread for updates and finally got the Dr. Floras parasite cleanse ad. Priceless.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't want to do anything that would make me scoot my bum across the carpet.
    hemm that is usually cause by overly full anal glands, you don't have any
    Uh, it's also caused when a dog has worms hanging out of its butt.
    most often anal glands , trust me i have expressed enough.
    washing-hands.jpg
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options

kinda makes HCG look like a good idea