It's 11:30PM and I'm STARVING! HELP!

Options
Okay I hope I'm doing this right because I've never started a topic before. :happy: I don't post very often on the forums because I find them intimidating. But it's 11:30pm and I should be going to bed, but I'm sooooooo hungry! I have 97 calories left, but I can't think of anything to eat! And then I have to deal with the guilt of eating right before bedtime because no matter what I keep reading on here, it's so ingrained in me that it's WRONG and I'm sure I'm going to get up in the morning and I'll have gained like five pounds.

I think the time change has really messed me up. Is anyone else feeling that way?

Thanks in advance! And quick, I'd really like to be in bed by midnight, daylight comes early! :tongue:

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    Okay I hope I'm doing this right because I've never started a topic before. :happy: I don't post very often on the forums because I find them intimidating. But it's 11:30pm and I should be going to bed, but I'm sooooooo hungry! I have 97 calories left, but I can't think of anything to eat! And then I have to deal with the guilt of eating right before bedtime because no matter what I keep reading on here, it's so ingrained in me that it's WRONG and I'm sure I'm going to get up in the morning and I'll have gained like five pounds.

I think the time change has really messed me up. Is anyone else feeling that way?

Thanks in advance! And quick, I'd really like to be in bed by midnight, daylight comes early! :tongue:
    Brush your teeth for like 15 minutes then go to sleep.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    You can eat at any time, m'dear - even late at night.

http://bit.ly/um3VNj

:flowerforyou:
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    There's nothing wrong with eating at night. I eat the majority of my calories at night, and I'm doing better than ever! It's ok to go a little over your calories. Have a container of yogurt, veggies and hummus, a slice of toast with peanut butter... Something small that will keep you full. Drink lots of water as well, so it will help you feel more full. Listen to your body- if you're hungry, eat! :D
  • Maryfullofgrace
    Maryfullofgrace Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    eat a spoonful of peanut butter...
  • appleseeds
    appleseeds Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    My housemates advice for the same problem I had a few weeks ago was just go to sleep.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    A bag of frozen cauliflower is 100 cals.

Or just go to sleep.
  • taylorromanyk
    Options
    A little bit of whole grain, 94% fat free popcorn always fills me up. AND I read somewhere that popcorn helps you sleep. :)
  • 6heatherb6
    6heatherb6 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    An apple!!
  • Alexdur85
    Alexdur85 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I have a diet soda. The carbonation fills me up.
  • iwantniceabs
    iwantniceabs Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I like to eat a serving of low fat cottage cheese at night - keeps me from getting the bed time hunger pains, and has protein, and is only 90 cals for 1/2 cup.
  • StarArly
    StarArly Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Drink tea, drink water with lemon. Eat a piece of fruit.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Always eat something before bed that 1) keeps your insulin levels good while sleeping and 2)keeps your body from eating muscle while in a state of fasting.
    When I started eating protein before bed I actually lost weight and kept lean body mass!
    Dont carb it up too much because a spike in insulin that doesnt last long could have you waking up in the middle of the night.

My favorite snack before bed is honey nut chex or cheerios with almond milk.
    but...thats what works for me.
  • andrewkumala
    Options
    Eating at night really doesn't affect your diet. Or you can just lie on the bed and count sheep to 500. :)
  • meg0013
    meg0013 Posts: 102
    Options
    try drinking a large glass of water and see if you're still hungry after.
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    A bag of frozen cauliflower is 100 cals.

Or just go to sleep.
    Do you eat them frozen? She has about 15 minutes until bedtime. I'm not sure if there is enough time to chew them all if they are frozen.
  • AdAstra47
    AdAstra47 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    There's nothing wrong with eating at night. I eat the majority of my calories at night, and I'm doing better than ever! It's ok to go a little over your calories. Have a container of yogurt, veggies and hummus, a slice of toast with peanut butter... Something small that will keep you full. Drink lots of water as well, so it will help you feel more full. Listen to your body- if you're hungry, eat! :D

Yes. This. Hummus, yogurt, peanut butter, a hard-boiled egg, a wedge of cheese...
    Try to avoid too many sugars or carbs late at night, but it's just fine to eat something with protein. Carbs are designed to produce quick bursts of energy for activity, but if you're going to bed, you don't need that. On the other hand, protein digests & burns slowly, so it will just be used to sustain your normal body functions as you sleep. It is highly unlikely that it would get stored as fat even if you eat it right before bed.
  • tbloor
    tbloor Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Very fit, healthy people that I have learned from have advocated for slow burn foods like cottage cheese before bed. Or a low glycemic index fruit like an apple. I have learned from my own experience that I do better when I choose to avoid carbs in the evening. So, while I would eat an apple with peanut butter before bed, I wouldn't eat crackers or a rice cake with peanut butter in the evening.
  • daisytrekker
    daisytrekker Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    A small bowl of cereal and milk is satisfying.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    I will literally eat anywhere from 600 to 1500 calories before bed and I'm still dropping fat.

You can eat whenever you want provided you're hitting your goal cals/macros.

Just crammed in about 700 cals, 150g carbs and I'm about to hit the bed.
  • ohmscheeks
    ohmscheeks Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Do you like pickles, lol?