eating same amount of calories but feel more hungry

Options
Hi,

I have been using MFP for almost 6 months and get great results, loosing almost 20lbs so far. I eat 1200-1400 calories each day and doing exercises 3 to 4 times a week playing badminton or swimming. Recently even I am eating same amount of calories with before, but I feel more hungry than before, some time even feel my body is weak. I have a full body sensor and keep monitor my body fat and muscle for 6 months too, it shows that my muscle percentage increased and body fat reduced a lot. My question is should I eat more calories each day or keep the same goal? I am worrying that eat more may cause me gain my weight back. Any body has suggestions?

thanks,
Jue

Replies

• MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    Eat more, see how it goes!
  • skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Increase your calorie intake by 200 kcals. Muscle takes up more energy. Listen to your body, it probably needs it.
  • emmacomeau
    Options
    Eat more -- mostly lean proteins and veggies.
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    Increase your calorie intake by 200 kcals. Muscle takes up more energy. Listen to your body, it probably needs it.

I would personally suggest increasing by 100, then gradually adding more
  • wangjue
    wangjue Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    my salt intake over my goals almost everyday, I know this is bad, but I want to know how bad this is. as I like salty stuff
  • jenniferbutz
    Options
    If your salt intake is high, it will be harder to lose weight because your blood pressure increases and you retain water. So yes it can be bad. Watch your salt intake to be no greater than 2500; aim for around 1500 if possible.
  • Moniluv72
    Moniluv72 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks... good information!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,412 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Men should be eating a lot more than 1200-1400 calories. Even a sedentary man (unless really short) shoudl be eating closer to 1800 calories and an active guy should be 2000+. Also, your digit thing is wrong. You can NOT gain any new lean muscle mass, especially on 1200-1400 calories. If you provide your height and weight, I can show you about how many calories you should eat. If you have body fat, that is even better and I can improve the calculations.
  • ellyrachel
    ellyrachel Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    When you're working out a lot, your body needs more calories. Have you tried eating 6 meals a day instead of just 3? Increase your proteins and carbs. When I say carbs, I mean carbs in your fruits and veggies. If you're working out, your body needs the carbs to use as energy to burn the fat. Sounds like you might be consuming some empty calories within your day.