Young mom wants to lose :)

Options
Hey everybody! I'm a 21 y/o breastfeeding mother, who has become increasingly lazy and out of shape since getting pregnant. I was 145 before pregnancy, and a year after giving birth, I'm around 165-170. I want to start P90X in January (A fresh start to the new year), but until then, I want to prepare my body for P90X. I have exercised less than 10 times in the past 2 years! Whenever I decide to do random 1 hour workouts, like I used to do, I can do them, so I'm glad that I haven't gotten too out of shape, but I want to be in way better shape. My goal weight is 115 lbs. I'm hoping to achieve this within a year :)

Replies

• unicorn1081
    unicorn1081 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    well sista lets lose this weight together! i am 192 and i want to get down to 120. its gonna be a hard road for us but I believe we can do it! feel free to come check out my profile. we can support each other and keep each other motivated. have a great day! hope to chat with ya soon!:flowerforyou:
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    Try walking first,take your baby with you so they can get some mum and fresh air time too!
  • hnolan2011
    Options
    Try to find something in your local area such as classes, or clubs. Losing weight is always more fun when you're doing it with someone. join a local moms group, and walk with your strollers together, or take a mommy and me yoga class....Before long you'll be making friends, having fun, and losing weight and it wont even feel like work at all!
  • jeff261159
    Options
    Try walking first,take your baby with you so they can get some mum and fresh air time too!

Thatscexactly what I was going to suggest, that's what I did, short brisk walks, they eventually turned into short jogs, then long jogs, culminating in a 10 mile run for charity last week in 1:37

Good luck x
  • ItsBrandiii28
    Options
    Thanks y'all! Has anyone tried Stroller Strides? I'm thinking about trying them, but I'm afraid of being the only mom with a 1 year old lol