The Secret By Rhonda Byrne

Options
Have any of you read this book? I dont know wether its a complete coincidence but since I finished this book I have been so much more motivated.
I find I am doing more and more to improve myself and it really did make alot of sense to me. I usually brush all that sort of stuff off. Even my performance at work has improved and I do spend time now actually thinking about how I want to make changes to my life.
When I read it about 8 weeks ago I was very focused on losing weight and getting healthier so whilst I was reading it I focused alot of my thoughts on this. I really do feel like my outlook is far more positive now and I dont let negative thoughts block my mind like they used to. I have been very commited to myself and to be honest I havent wavered at all since starting this diet. I havent had one week where I have stayed the same and If I dare say it I have found it easy not to cheat. (This is not how it has happenend before) I was constantly cheating then starving myself to make up for it during other diets. I actually eat alot more but my choices are naturally healthy ones now. Just wondered if anyone has read it too :O)

Replies

• PatriNina
    PatriNina Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I just bought the book ! The reviews are very interesting so I can't wait to start reading it :)
    Glad it helped you ! :heart:
  • Luandanielle1979
    Luandanielle1979 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Its well worth a read it was very enlightening :O) x
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    I worked at Borders Books when this came out, as a result I absolutely hate it; glad it's worked for you though.
  • nickydp
    nickydp Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have thought about reading it. I would be interested to hear what more people have to say? Glad it has worked for you!!
  • DawnJanette
    DawnJanette Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Its a great book, very motivating. It's teaches the power of the mind as this controls the whole body.

It highlights where people have been thinking negatively and teaches ways of using positive thiking to acheive goals.......

I'm a fan, but dont live my life via the book, I just buy into the theory.
  • Luandanielle1979
    Luandanielle1979 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Its not a book I would choose to buy and I was very sceptical about reading it a few of my friends read it and passed it on to me. I do think it really helps you control the way you think about things and it does have a really positive message.

Our society spends far too much time moaning and grumbling and whining about what we havent got, What we never did and so on.... Well it is like that where I live.

I think it just helped me have more of a belief in myself and what I can achieve.
    Dont get me wrong I do not think it suddenly magically moulded me into the greatest dieter in the world any changes I have made have been done with alot of hard work and commitment. I still say it has helped me not give in so easily x
  • stevenleagle
    stevenleagle Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Positive motivational books often have a lot to offer. And I'm not bagging the any particular book. However be careful. I have a friend who went a little overboard with a predatory group who preached the whole ' law of attraction' thing and got scammed (lost a lot of money).

I dont know all the answers in life (who does) and I do try and keep an open mind. But personally I find that keeping my faith in God, setting my goals, taken action, asking for help where required as well as critically analysing what I am doing and when necessary re evaluating my goals has worked for me.