Opinions on my diary..

Options
I've been using mfp for nearly 2 weeks and am starting to lose but I would love to hear what I could be doing better...

Does my diary look ok? Sunday was an off day, had a family dinner

Replies

• robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    My opinions:

eat more on workout days, you leave too many calories on the table.

more protein, and check your entries for errors, your yogurts have no macros listed, that's not correct. Protein should be 100g a day or so.

keep sugars below 50

make sure you drink lots of water.

Educational opportunity:
    In case you were unaware...there are 4 calories in every gram of carb and protein, and 9 calories in every gram of fat. This is how to tell if your entry is incorrect. Try to choose the entry in the database that loosely (because they round) matches these numbers.
    For example if you have something listed as 10 carb, 10 protein and 10 fats, it should have 170 calories.
    If something says 80 calories but is listed as 40 carbs...that's not possible, and you have no way of telling which number is wrong so don't use the entry.
  • bella8282
    bella8282 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Not enough "wholefoods" and Lean protein....

You should be eating a lot more vegtables!
  • daisydog101
    daisydog101 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys :)

I will look into fixing those mistakes.

Anyone else?
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your progress thus far. More veggies wouldn't hurt.
  • asltiffm
    asltiffm Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I agree on more veggies. Also, most days, you have almost no protien in your breakfast...that makes me eat more snacks. Maybe try adding more protien in your breakfast.
  • daisydog101
    daisydog101 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    What sort of Vegies/protein would people suggest?

I can't always eat all my exercise calories. Just don't get hungry and I'm trying to break the habit of eating for the sake of eating
  • bella8282
    bella8282 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    What sort of Vegies/protein would people suggest?

I can't always eat all my exercise calories. Just don't get hungry and I'm trying to break the habit of eating for the sake of eating

In the morning eggs/egg white's, cottage cheese, sardine's or tinned salmon if you can, low fat greek yogurt, oats ,quinoa

Veggies, anything green then add some colour - capcicum(pepper) cucumber ,carrot ,tomato,eggplant(aubogine?)zuchini