What do you all use??? =)

Options
im thinking about buying a pair of Sketchers Liv-Active toning shoes, does anyone have them? are they any good?

or can you tell me what you think are a good pair of runners that are tonning aswell?

T.I.A :)

Replies

• nowornever47
    nowornever47 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Hi, I recently bought a pair of cross training shoes - ended up with New Balance, which I love! Now - I am no expert and am not on here to bash any kind of shoes however the girl that checked my gait and fitted me for my shoes said stay away from sketchers and shoes like that (that angle and propose to work muscles, etc) because she has seen a lot of ankle injuries and they will not help you. You cannot and shouldn't run in them anyway. A good running shoe will have the stablizers you need for speed walking, running and any cross training you want to do. That's what I'd invest my $$ in. Aasics is also a good shoe that was recommended by my PT when I had an achilles injury... good luck shopping!!
  • asaba1013
    Options
    from what i hear, the toning shoes are false advertisement and are a crock of *kitten*! lol
    get some nike shocks or new balance, most comfortable for working out!
  • MîîśÊmÿłõü
    MîîśÊmÿłõü Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    im thinking about buying a pair of Sketchers Liv-Active toning shoes, does anyone have them? are they any good?

or can you tell me what you think are a good pair of runners that are tonning aswell?

T.I.A :)

i also probably shouldve mentioned my foot has basically no arch so shoes are hard to find that are comfy!
  • faithattwell
    faithattwell Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have Reebok Easytones that I wore all last year (flip flops and the trainers). You can't run in them. I really like them because I found them very comfortable, but I don't believe that anything other than proper exercise mixed up cardio and weights will tone your body - maybe if you walked miles and miles each day with the toning shoes on it'd make a difference over wearing normal shoes, I don't know. Ultimately you have to have the right body fat % to see your muscles (toned look) anyway...
  • MîîśÊmÿłõü
    MîîśÊmÿłõü Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Hi, I recently bought a pair of cross training shoes - ended up with New Balance, which I love! Now - I am no expert and am not on here to bash any kind of shoes however the girl that checked my gait and fitted me for my shoes said stay away from sketchers and shoes like that (that angle and propose to work muscles, etc) because she has seen a lot of ankle injuries and they will not help you. You cannot and shouldn't run in them anyway. A good running shoe will have the stablizers you need for speed walking, running and any cross training you want to do. That's what I'd invest my $$ in. Aasics is also a good shoe that was recommended by my PT when I had an achilles injury... good luck shopping!!

thanks so much, ill steer clear of the sketchers! and ill check out a pair of New Balance :)
  • BigH80
    BigH80 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I like and use Asics for my running shoes. If you have a running store close by it would definitely be in your best intrests to go get fitted for running shoes there. The right shoes make a world of difference. I speak from experience. I never imagined there wereso many different foot types , shoe types, gaits, strides, foot striking angles, among other things when it comes to running and shoes. I was just a fat guy who quit smoking and decided to do the couch to 5k program. Anyway i hope this helps and good luck.
  • nowornever47
    nowornever47 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    thanks so much, ill steer clear of the sketchers! and ill check out a pair of New Balance :)
    [/quote]

You're welcome! Excellent, good shoes are so important! Also shoes - especially sneakers do not come with arches anymore because everyone is so different - so some people (like my husband who has planter-faceitis - spelling? - needs to buy spenkos to put in his shoes)... but anyway I'd also highly suggest going to a store like Sneakerama, Lady Foot Locker, etc where the experts are who can fit you with one of a # of options... get one that works for you :) I keep going back to New Balance because it is an excellent shoe. Mine were $109 so don't be sticker-shocked. Well worth the investment, though!
  • Rachiepie6
    Rachiepie6 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    long term - invest in a podiatrist, I'll give you details of mine, she's really good