Very hungry, no exercise days

Options
1a1a
1a1a Posts: 761 Member
After really getting into exercise and getting to burning on average 600 calories a day (and eating accordingly) I now find myself over-eating on days where, for one reason or another, i don't get to exercise (days when it's too hot for example).

Does anyone who normally exercises a lot and eats a lot, have any strategies for getting through these low activity days without blowing the calorie budget?

Replies

• BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    bump
  • chedges9090
    chedges9090 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I have certain days that I know that I will not be able to excercise. 2 ideas for you. 1) save some of your calories from your excerise days that week.. for the days that you won't be able to excercise. You should be able to average your week out. 2) It isn't yummy, but it does help the stomach grumblings.. Air Popped Popcorn. I carry some with me in my car.. especially for those days I am constantly running around doing errands, etc Good Luck- I am sure you will do just great.
  • SlimSadieG
    SlimSadieG Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Bump - You have just described myself...
  • rocky282
    rocky282 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    You could take out all bread products on your non exercise days then if you double or tripple your vegi intake you should still eat a ton of food but eliminate the extra calories. I find that a good hardy Vegi soup for dinner or lunch is very filling with meat and vegi's and no pasta so no big calories. You can eat a giant bowl and fill the grumbles without over caloring. Also snacking with Celery or Cucumbers will help, they are both very low cal but very filling, the tummy has to work hard to break them down. If you swap out the other lunch/dinner for a giant salad you should be very low cal and very full. If your craving breads like I do though adding a little rice to the soup can help. When I am really craving rice/bread I make stuffed pepper soup with about 1/4lb of ground beef, 5 or 6 large bell peppers, 1 large can of crushed tomato, 1 cup water, and 1/4 cup uncooked rice. Brown the meat and then add everything else and simmer for 2 hours or in a crock pot for the day. Very filling and very few calories. :)

Good luck on your mission!
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Start your day with a massive amount of protein.
    It's that important!
    Experts say that if your breakfast is the biggest meal and you start out with appx 40g of protein then it curbs your cravings for the rest of the day.
    Something that works for me is cassien protein midday.
    You get a jug of it from optimum nutrition and for your 2nd snack you drink a cassien shake.
    Its a slow digesting protein and keeps you full longer.
    Also on non workout days you should cut carbs a little but the protein will curb appetite!

Enjoy!
  • 1a1a
    1a1a Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Some excellent suggestions here, thank you :-)

Might I trouble you for the vege soup recipe please rocky?