Another NSV for me!

Options
I just ran the 4.35 mile loop I ran a week ago. Last week's time was 43 minutes (I originally thought I did it in 34, but I confused my start time). Today's time was 40 minutes. I shaved off a whole 3 minutes!

I credit it to starting slower (I passed the 2.1 mark at 20 minutes this time instead of 18 last time), not letting the dogs have so many pee/sniff breaks, and really pushing myself for those last couple of hills, up and down. I averaged just over 6.5 miles per hour, which I think is pretty respectable for a 290 lb. 36 year old.

My ultimate goal is to be able to run a 300 point Marine Corps PFT. My best ever when I was in was like a 260 when I weighed 185 at age 21.

Replies

• amymaria91
    Options
    That's a great time, well done :smile:
  • JaredBergeron
    JaredBergeron Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Awesome devil dog, keep up the good work...and Semper Fi!
  • Tivo8MyNeighbors
    Tivo8MyNeighbors Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Terrific work! I hope to eventually return to running, too. Thanks for letting me run vicariously through you, for now :)
  • jmvh59
    jmvh59 Posts: 97
    Options
    Terrific work! I hope to eventually return to running, too. Thanks for letting me run vicariously through you, for now :)

You know, I first started walking before work in the mornings with my wife and our dogs in the summer of 2010. That was a few short weeks after I had been diagnosed with hypothyroidism. I went untreated for a while, so I had just gained a bunch of weight and was really out of shape. By the fall, the walking turned to jogging and the wife decided to sleep in. I ran just about every weekday morning from then until I started rugby practice in late February of this year. My body ached too much from practice to go running. Just these past two weeks or so my body has gotten used to rugby practice enough to run daily again.

I am certain if you keep at walking, you will eventually build the strength and wind to be able to jog again.

Best wishes!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!