Wounded Warriors - Operation Float A Soldier

Options
staceyseeger
staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
My husband & I are strong supporters of the Wounder Warrior Project & the WOW Cycling Club. I just wanted to share this incredible event that WOW Cycling is doing to raise awareness & money for Wounded Warriors - Operation Float A Soldier.

Check out the websites for more info:

www.wowcycling.org

www.floatasoldier.org

I am volunteering for this event when the riders stop in our area this afternoon. One of my cycling buddies is one of the 12 chosen riders to do this event. The entire community is invited to come our for BBQ & to show their support.

Ride Texas 2011

WOW Cycling Club is proud to be a supporter of the Wounded Warrior Project.

In November 2011, WOW Cycling Club will host an event to raise money and awareness for our heroes. WOW cyclists will ride from Wichita Falls to Corpus Christi, Texas in 7 days. Covering almost 600 miles and stopping in many Texas cities to honor Wounded Warriors.

Day 1 – Nov. 5th (A-B 98.5 miles) – Wichita Falls to Fort Worth. Departure Location: Wall Mart 1400 Archer City Highway Wichita Falls, Texas at 7:30am
Day 2 – Nov. 6th (B-C 95.5 miles) – Fort Worth to Waco. Departure Location: La Quinta Inn and Suites 5800 Quebec St. Fort Worth, Texas at 9:00am
Day 3 – Nov. 7th (C-D 90.6 miles) – Waco to Austin. Departure Location: La Quinta Inn 1110 S. 9th St Waco, Texas 76706 at 7:30am
Day 4 – Nov. 8th (D-E 60.7 miles) – Austin to San Antonio. Departure Location: La Quinta Inn 300 E. 11th St Austin, Texas 78701 at 12 noon.
Day 5 – Nov. 9th (E) – Day of rest in San Antonio
Day 6 – Nov. 10th (E-F 88.9 miles) – San Antonio to Beeville. Departure Location: Child and Family Services YMCA 835 W. Southcross at 7:30am.
Day 7 – Nov. 11th (F-G 68.4 miles) – Beeville to Corpus Christi. Departure Location: Best Western Texan Inn 2001 US 59, Beeville Texas at 7:30am.
The ride concludes on Veterans Day 11-11-11 at the USS Lexington, ETA 2:30pm.
Meet and Greet locations:
November 4th: (Send off) Ride Away Bicycles 1604 and Redland Rd San Antonio TX. Departure: 10am
November 5th: Jacksboro National Bank in Jacksboro TX. ETA: 11:45am
November 7th: Horny Toad Harley Davidson Temple TX. ETA: 9:30am
November 8th: Cabela’s Buda TX. ETA: 1:15pm; Blue Bonnet Palace Selma TX. ETA 5:15pm (will also have a Bar-B-Q)
November 10th: Southside YMCA (send off) San Antonio TX: Departure: 7:30am; Poth ISD in Poth TX. ETA: 10:45am
November 11th: USS Lexinton Corpus Christi TX. ETA: 2:30pm

Replies

• Hmrjmr1
    Hmrjmr1 Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Great work, thanks on behalf of all of us old soldiers..Hoooah!