I ran outside for the first time ever!

Options
Well, not including "OMG CLASS STARTS IN 6 MINUTES!" ragged sprints and the occasional gym class. The other day, I ran outside.

And I liked it!

This groundbreaking account can be found here:
http://damnthefreshman15.blogspot.com/2009/01/mountains-of-madness-running-in-sf.html

Replies

• Phoenixflame
    Phoenixflame Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Well, not including "OMG CLASS STARTS IN 6 MINUTES!" ragged sprints and the occasional gym class. The other day, I ran outside.

And I liked it!

This groundbreaking account can be found here:
    http://damnthefreshman15.blogspot.com/2009/01/mountains-of-madness-running-in-sf.html
  • happenstance82
    Options
    Congrats! I hope to be a runner someday :smile:
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    GOOD JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would like to be an outside runner one day too!

GO GREEN!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~!
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    Keep doing it and you will really fall in love with it! You'll hate the treadmill though, it's so hard to do once you run outside but why run on the treadmill anyways theres so much more to look at outside! Congrats, keep it up!

~Leash
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    I ran today too! Feels so liberating :)
  • helkat922
    helkat922 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I had a run outside today too :happy: It was much better than last Saturday when it was -30 below (I live in Canada). I just started running again a few weeks ago (I just had a baby in October) and am really enjoying it. Keep it up :)
  • annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I'm so jealous. I'm a fair weather outside runner - SD in the winter stinks. I can't make myself run outside unless it's at least 50. You'll love it, then the treadmill will seem like time is dragging unless you can get into a movie or show.
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    that is great maybe once it is warm here I will do some running around here as well!!!
  • stevieg_fan
    Options
    YAY for you! I remember the first time I ran outside and truly TRULY fell in love with it. It's so much easier (well, it's harder to do, but easier to go further/longer, for me anyway). Keep it up!!!